ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

YourFonts - Generate a font based on your handwriting

<< < (11/17) > >>

Cavalcader:
Well do give it another try, as it should now be possible to name the font the way you like.-erwind (August 25, 2008, 11:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
I got an error but I'm not sure what it might be related to. It popped up sometime after the recognition process started, with less than 40 seconds remaining. All it said was that it was an Uncaught Exception, which could be anything. I'm guessing it may be related to the second template page, since I tried that this time round.

I did notice that the scanned page had less white space than the first one did, so maybe it's that they weren't scanned with identical framing? If you have any specific questions about non-public info relating to the scans or filenames, feel free to PM me. I know you've got the PNG files on the server, but I'll save 'em here as well for another test run.

But do keep in mind Windows might be confused if you name your font '@@' or ''''.
--- End quote ---
I might get confused too if I do that.  ;)

Great! Do give FontCreator a try and let me know if you like it!
--- End quote ---
I'm off to download it now. Scanahand sounds interesting too! Guess it uses the same basic engine as YourFonts, huh?

erwind:
I got an error but I'm not sure what it might be related to.-Cavalcader (August 25, 2008, 03:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was due to a typo on my side, sorry  :-[

But do keep in mind Windows might be confused if you name your font '@@' or ''''.
--- End quote ---
I might get confused too if I do that.  ;)-Cavalcader (August 25, 2008, 03:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

There are people that will be curious enough to give it a try, I'm sure ;-) Maybe I'll try it myself...

Great! Do give FontCreator a try and let me know if you like it!
--- End quote ---
I'm off to download it now. Scanahand sounds interesting too! Guess it uses the same basic engine as YourFonts, huh?
-Cavalcader (August 25, 2008, 03:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's correct, it all started with Scanahand. And now Scanahand is getting improved due to all response I received during the beta of yourfonts.com. I'm surprised how much valuable information is has given me. So thanks again for testing!

Cavalcader:
I got an error but I'm not sure what it might be related to.-Cavalcader (August 25, 2008, 03:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
It was due to a typo on my side, sorry  :-[-erwind (August 25, 2008, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
No problem -- those things happen. I think you've got it nailed, at least for normal operation! The only thing I noticed is that while there are links at the bottom of each "step" page to supplement the ones in the column on the right, there's no such link at the bottom of step 6 to take you to the step 7 instructions (Install & Use). A minor point, but it may leave some people stuck if they're only using the page-bottom links.

That's correct, it all started with Scanahand. And now Scanahand is getting improved due to all response I received during the beta of yourfonts.com. I'm surprised how much valuable information is has given me. So thanks again for testing!
--- End quote ---
Glad to help! Thank you, too, for the nice new font. :)  Now that everything works while I'm being nice to the site, shall I try to break it for a little while by feeding it silly or incorrect stuff? I know that's normally done in testing, but I still thought I should ask first so you're prepared for nonstandard input.

erwind:
No problem -- those things happen. I think you've got it nailed, at least for normal operation! The only thing I noticed is that while there are links at the bottom of each "step" page to supplement the ones in the column on the right, there's no such link at the bottom of step 6 to take you to the step 7 instructions (Install & Use). A minor point, but it may leave some people stuck if they're only using the page-bottom links.-Cavalcader (August 25, 2008, 08:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good point! I've added the missing link to step 7. Thanks!

Glad to help! Thank you, too, for the nice new font. :)  Now that everything works while I'm being nice to the site, shall I try to break it for a little while by feeding it silly or incorrect stuff? I know that's normally done in testing, but I still thought I should ask first so you're prepared for nonstandard input.
-Cavalcader (August 25, 2008, 08:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sure do give it a shot. I'm about to remove "BETA" from the logo, so now is the best time to make sure it's stable and robust ;-)

Cavalcader:
Erwin, if the recognition process fails or crashes, does that mean everything's shut down until it can be reset? I tried a test and I just ended up sitting at the "~40 seconds" part of the process. After that, even ones that worked before failed silently also after uploading. I did try the website in another window (tab) and it stayed responsive for everything else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version