ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

YourFonts - Generate a font based on your handwriting

<< < (4/17) > >>

erwind:
And GwynEvans you are right, the characters are too small, and i had to increase the font size to be able to view the text correctly...-vixay (July 14, 2008, 10:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not saying it's easy, even I had to try a couple of times before I was able to follow the instructions mentioned here:
http://www.yourfonts.com/complete.html

Cool nonetheless!-vixay (July 14, 2008, 10:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks  :)

nosh:
I noticed you used a 96 dpi scan. For best results I recommend you use a 300 dpi scanned in image. In other words, the width should be at least 2000 pixels and the height at least 3000 pixels.
-erwind (July 29, 2008, 09:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

I had scanned @600 dpi (my default setting) and the end result was way too huge so I resized it (over-wrote the file) to something that seemed more fitting for upload, which was a bit below the minimum requirement so I had to resize it again to 1000px or whatever the minimum was.  :-[

Good to know you've updated the algorithm  :up:, I got around the problem by shifting the z up a notch in a paint application.

erwind:
When you enlarge a too small image, you still lose a lot of the quality, better try again with a 150 or 300 dpi scan.

FYI the width must be between 1000 and 4000 while the height must be between 1000 and 5000.

nosh:
Will do, thanks again.

PS: I haven't read the online instructions too carefully but it would be a good idea to put these pixel limits in them, if you haven't already done so.

Dormouse:
Well, with Deozaan's form I'll give it another go.

And the last time I tried, I had to do a lot of tweaking to get it to the right pixel size. Once it stops being a free demo, I think that nearly all the resizing ought to be done on the server, just with guidelines about ideal file size and pixel sizes (and a maximum file size limit for uploads). And some guidance about how to write in the template. I'd think ease of use would be important.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version