ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

YourFonts - Generate a font based on your handwriting

<< < (3/17) > >>

Deozaan:
The problem i had was that the bottom alignment was off for me...
writing on lines is a lot easier then writing on imaginary lines. is there a way to actually include the line in the template and then exclude the line in post processing?? Just a thought.

Plus, what happens to the signature at the end? Can we use that somehow? It's not clear from the font itself.
-vixay (July 14, 2008, 03:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

If it's the same as Scanahand, then there should be an option to print faint guide lines for your letters.

As for the signature, you use the ^ (shift-6) symbol to show the signature.

EDIT: Okay, I checked it out and the template doesn't have an option for guide lines like Scanahand does. I've uploaded a template from Scanahand with the guide lines.

gwynevans:
Hmm, interesting.  I found that apart from not being able to get the bases of the letters in the right place, they all came out very small, which wasn't really apparent, or at least obvious from the preview. 

I'd suggest seeing if there's any way you can show a size 11, 'standard' char for size comparision in the preview - it might have people trying a couple more times, but they should be happier about the result.

vixay:
Has anybody tried using the scanahand template yet? Does it work on YourFont.com as well? or does it cause problems?

And GwynEvans you are right, the characters are too small, and i had to increase the font size to be able to view the text correctly...

Cool nonetheless!

erwind:

First of all sorry for my late reply. I was away for two weeks and although I had Internet access during that time, I couldn't post here as I forgot to write down my DC password...

It worked well but the 'z' was a bit messed up. Just letting you know since the service is in beta.-nosh (July 11, 2008, 02:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi nosh,

Thanks for letting me know. I've further improved the algorithm, so this should no longer happen.

I noticed you used a 96 dpi scan. For best results I recommend you use a 300 dpi scanned in image. In other words, the width should be at least 2000 pixels and the height at least 3000 pixels.

erwind:
Another nice idea would be to have the preview show some formatted text as well (quick brown fox... etc... or some other paragraphs), because in isolation it might look OK, but together it doesn't look that great.-vixay (July 14, 2008, 03:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for letting me know. I'll see if such feature can be added.

The problem i had was that the bottom alignment was off for me...
writing on lines is a lot easier then writing on imaginary lines. is there a way to actually include the line in the template and then exclude the line in post processing?? Just a thought.-vixay (July 14, 2008, 03:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

The Scanahand template with colored guidelines made available by Deozaan can be used.

But it's a great idea, and thanks for the freebie! Btw, how long is the beta on till?-vixay (July 14, 2008, 03:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Probably a couple of weeks, but I'm not sure yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version