ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

YourFonts - Generate a font based on your handwriting

<< < (2/17) > >>

lesterst:
This is fun.  I tried it.  The process flows very nicely with good instructions all along the way.  I missed the coupon code above initially and was redirected to the paypal page but I was pretty sure you said it was free so I came back and checked and there it was.  My only disappointment, and this is not the programs fault, is that when I tried out my new font in Word, it does not look at all like my own handwriting.  So now I am thinking I would need to write out a page of normal text and then cut the letters out so they have the proper tilt and connectors, if I wanted to actually generate my handwriting. (Also, its funny, but I couldnt for the life of me remember how to write a capital F in cursive).

KenR:
Congrats on a new program Erwin  :up:
-mouser (July 11, 2008, 03:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hi Erwin
What Mouser said above. Congratulations on what I'm sure is another fine program.
Ken

emerald222:
Very neat!!  Thanks so much for the find.   :up: :up:

wreckedcarzz:
I tried the app, and printed out the page in Firefox - little did I know that FF scaled the GIF down to ~33% of its size, so when I scanned it back in @ 300DPI, it looked like my handwriting, but everything is pretty much uppercase. I am keeping the font, however, as it does look like my casual writing (minus the gigantic "O" vs "O" (capital), but... well I guess that is my normal handwriting) ;D

I love it, great job! :-*

vixay:
That was great. I tried it out... as well... i will have to retry as it didn't come out as nicely...

Another nice idea would be to have the preview show some formatted text as well (quick brown fox... etc... or some other paragraphs), because in isolation it might look OK, but together it doesn't look that great.

The problem i had was that the bottom alignment was off for me...
writing on lines is a lot easier then writing on imaginary lines. is there a way to actually include the line in the template and then exclude the line in post processing?? Just a thought.

But it's a great idea, and thanks for the freebie! Btw, how long is the beta on till?

Plus, what happens to the signature at the end? Can we use that somehow? It's not clear from the font itself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version