topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:04 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Wish to have a seperate release RSS feed  (Read 4479 times)

toadloading

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Wish to have a seperate release RSS feed
« on: July 10, 2008, 11:27 AM »
Hi Mouser,

Could you set up some seperate release news RSS feeds in DonationCoder.com for your softwares?

FARR is really good, I like it very much. For me, it's very easy to use, does not need any additional tweaking after installation. ;D

But FARR also updates very frequently, and I don't want to install the auto-updater utility of DonationCoder.com cause my PC is not fast, I wish install softwares as less as I can. I used to subscribe the forum's RSS feed, but I found it's so active, and the release news are posted in the modified sticky post. In fact, in most cases, I can not get the release news through the forum's RSS feed. :(

So, now I need to visit FARR's forum perodicaly for checking whether there is a new stable version. If there is a seperate RSS feed for the release news of it, I think it will be much more convinent for users like me. Thanks! :)

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Wish to have a seperate release RSS feed
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 12:03 PM »
toadloading: You can use the updater with no problems! It makes zero-impact on your pc, because it only changes stuff in its own directory, and you don't need to even start it, you can set farr to launch it like.. Once a day, or something like that. And when it finds some update, it'll tell you.

toadloading

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 05:24 PM »
toadloading: You can use the updater with no problems! It makes zero-impact on your pc, because it only changes stuff in its own directory, and you don't need to even start it, you can set farr to launch it like.. Once a day, or something like that. And when it finds some update, it'll tell you.
Thanks, I'll try it!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 05:42 PM »
if you only ever wanted to know about updates to farr you could go this thread and click the NOTIFY button:
https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=10505.0
so you would be notified of new posts on that thread.

toadloading

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 06:51 AM »
if you only ever wanted to know about updates to farr you could go this thread and click the NOTIFY button:
https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=10505.0
so you would be notified of new posts on that thread.

Thanks!~ I think that's just what I want!  :Thmbsup: