topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 1:21 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Disable Ctrl+Break?  (Read 4869 times)

jdmarch

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Disable Ctrl+Break?
« on: July 10, 2008, 07:53 AM »
OK, I must be going nuts. I can't find the option to change the hotkeys that invoke FARR. (Specifically I want to disable Ctrl+Break.)

I thought that perhaps FARR had reverted to a "show basic options only" mode, but I can't find anything about that either.

Thanks!

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Disable Ctrl+Break?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 07:57 AM »
Options -... oh a screenshot is as easy :)

FARR002.png
Tom

jdmarch

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 08:06 AM »
Many thanks, Tomos!

Intuitively, that seems like a strange place for these options, though perhaps I understand why it was placed there (because the user can add custom items.) But its function is qualitatively completely different than the other items in the Lists section. It never even occurred to me to glance down there. Why not place this item under Settings even though its interface is like the other lists? "Lists" is a really vague category heading.

At a minimum, this needs to be mentioned in the help file under "Hotkeys". And I would suggest that it would be better
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 02:29 PM by jdmarch »

d4ni

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 02:14 PM »
You can set any hotkey you want, so I don't see how it can be much 'better', but I definitely agree with you on the placement in the options tree, it should be under settings no doubt. Lists is indeed a rather vague heading, I never really noticed it actually. I guess mouser wanted to have at least 2 headings in his options tree, otherwise it would just be a long list ;)

jdmarch

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 02:36 PM »
I don't see how it can be much 'better'
Agreed - that was a typing blooper in my previous post.

I think that having a separate second section is good, apart from the out-of-place hotkeys item. The other items in that section all seem to deal with the contents of searching and scoring. I'm not coming up with a better name for it than "Lists". Maybe "Search/score lists"?