ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Feature Request - right click on results Command prompt here option

(1/2) > >>

Rochey:
Hi Mouser,

I got an idea of adding a right click on the search results (folders) and having a command prompt here option.
I have installed DOSHERE.inf on my local PC and it is really helpful. I have farr on my USB hard drive and use it on lots of other pcs and this is one feature that I miss on the other pcs. So I thought it would be handy if it was part of farr.

Thanks

Rochey

mouser:
There have been a number of similar but different requests..
I think perhaps the best solution might be to allow users (and plugins) to customize the right-click actions for results.

macs:
Right clicking on results feels a bit odd in FARR because is "the ultimate program for keyboard maniacs", you type what you want and FARR does it. Typing something and then using the mouse doesn't seem to quite fit in with FARR.  I can't see a problem with right click (if people want to use right click then why not) but I wouldn't want it to become the only way of doing things.

Whilst not a right click it is possible to set up an alias to achieve this sort of thing.  Give the alias the name "cmd" and a result of: cmd.exe /k cd /d "$$1"

Then you can type things such "+cmd c:\program files" or "c:\program files +cmd" and FARR will open the command prompt in the requested folder.

hamradio:
If the keyboard on the right side has a context menu key then it will do a right click and show the menu. Mine does. :)

jpijper:
If you have dos here installed, you already get what you want if you right-click the folder in the results and then choose "Shell context menu" !

Have fun!
Jan Roelof

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version