ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gizmo's Tech Support Alert Newsletter Merges with Windows Secrets

<< < (9/13) > >>

40hz:
J-Mac I think you made some really insightful comments, and I got the same feeling from reading the announcement that Tomos got, that there is a real difference in the way Ian is coming into it compared to Langa.  So I really think it would be a good idea to keep an open mind and give this new merger a fair chance at doing good.  The same as we would want for any of our own projects.

-mouser (July 15, 2008, 07:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're both absolutely right. And I'm sure we are all hopeful this is going to work out to everyone's satisfaction. I think a lot of the angst comes from the steady erosion of all those great newsletters and tech sites over the years. Many of us miss the classic days of Ars Technica, The LangaList, Extremetech - the list just goes on and on. But Ian Richards has always been "different" in the way he did things, so if anybody can pull it off without a glitch, it will probably be him. And if he doesn't, we always have Mouser and DC so no worries, right mates? :beerchug:

justice:
Well that's the first newsletter out and indeed now we're paying to hear about free software. What do people think?

cranioscopical:
Well that's the first newsletter out and indeed now we're paying to hear about free software. What do people think?
-justice (July 25, 2008, 09:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm on the fence.

It would have been nice to see this 'first' version leap into the ring as a hero rather than shambling in half asleep.

I tried to be devastated on behalf of the group but managed only to feel slightly disturbed.

Carol Haynes:
At least you got a copy ...

cranioscopical:
At least you got a copy ...-Carol Haynes (July 25, 2008, 10:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep!  It says right on the address here: Carol Haynes...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version