ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gizmo's Tech Support Alert Newsletter Merges with Windows Secrets

<< < (11/13) > >>

tomos:
Did anyone look at the attachment in my last post, above?  It is a couple of paragraphs clipped directly from the most recent issue of WS and states that ALL of Gizmo's "premium" content - stuff that was formerly only available to premium (read: paying) subscribers to Support Alert - will always be available free in Windows Secrets-J-Mac (July 25, 2008, 11:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

I started to reply to that yesterday but got distracted :)
That's good :up:

# Will the Tech Support Alert Website Have Premium Content?
No, all content on Tech Support Alert will now be free and that's the way it will stay. Current premium subscribers to Support Alert Newsletter will have full access to their premium content from the Windows Secrets Web site.-
So, it sounds like new (paid) stuff will only be available via Windows secrets website ...

40hz:
Man, I thought I could out-whine everyone, but some are putting me to shame here!   ;D ;D

Jim
-J-Mac (July 25, 2008, 11:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Some whine. Others mourn. ;)

J-Mac:
I still don't understand.  I can't see where anything was "lost", but some premium content is gained.

[*] Gizmo has converted all material on the TechSupportAlert.com wiki to free content

[*] All past published Support Alert free articles and formerly paid-only articles is available for free at the Windows Secrets site

[*] All premium TechSupportAlert articles from now on will be in the premium portion of the Windows Secret newsletter -- which is available to anyone who has a premium subscription to TechSupportAlert [/list]

At least that is how I'm reading it.  It appears that the previous "paid-only" TSA content is now freely available at the WS site.

Jim

Carol Haynes:
OK I an a moaner - it just seems like there is little new content being produced. It's great that the archives of Langa's newsletter etc. are still there online but that isn't nearly as interesting to me as the old newsletters the day they came out. They have an ever growing number of writers for WS but less and less new or interesting material appears in the newsletter ... plus I hate wading through the morass of advertising.

cranioscopical:
Some whine. Others mourn.
-40hz (July 26, 2008, 02:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good mourning!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version