ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gizmo's Tech Support Alert Newsletter Merges with Windows Secrets

<< < (7/13) > >>

mouser:
perhaps in the paid version of your service you could give this new newsletter a chance with an open heart and mind before becoming dismayed?

Carol Haynes:
Would there be demand for a premium service where I'd print out a copy and then shred it?
-cranioscopical (July 15, 2008, 11:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh yes I'd pay for that! How much do you want?

Is there an extra premium for posting the shards back to WS editors for recycling.

Actually - that has given me an idea - why don't we all send a LangaList newsletter from the past to WS as content for the new newsletter ???? At least there would be something worth reading then even if it is only of historic interest  :Thmbsup:

40hz:
I won't be subscribing again next time it comes to renewal - and am seriously considering unsubscribing to avoid disappointment each time.-Carol Haynes (July 15, 2008, 04:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm offering a new service.
It's in its early stages.
Limited to DonationCoder members until the international roll-out.

For a small annual fee you can redirect your copy of Windows Secrets to me and I'll be disappointed on your behalf.

-cranioscopical (July 15, 2008, 06:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

We are pleased to announce an improved competitive offering.

It's called The Weight - and you are invited to "put the load right on us!"

Just send us one dollar a week for life (yours or ours - whichever comes first) and we'll just be disappointed. Period.  No need to fill out boring forms, complex redirects, or even think! Now you can become indifferent without the guilt! We'll take care of everything for you. So don't start bumming out when it's so much easier to let our own bums do it for you!

Our Motto: If you're not happy - we're not happy.

cranioscopical:
perhaps in the paid version of your service you could give this new newsletter a chance...
-mouser (July 15, 2008, 11:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
Kidding aside, we all hope it's going to work, don't we?

...with an open heart and mind before becoming dismayed?-mouser
--- End quote ---
But I don't think I'll require the transplant and the lobotomy...

J-Mac:
Wow - When DCers hate something, they really, really hate it, huh?

I am already a paid subscriber to the premium versions of both newsletters and have been satisfied with each.  No, I don't read 100% of either one - sorry but I just don't find every article in any newsletter to be interesting enough to read.  Like many, I initially subscribed to LangaList and then moved right over to Windows Secrets when Fred moved there.

FWIW, I received both email notifications - from WS & TSA - about the merger within minutes and immediately wrote to Ian to congratulate him.  I can tell you that HE at least is happy about the merger!  I did get my login credentials updated; they take the expiration of whichever subscription has the most time left on it and add one month to it.  Not a great deal but certainly decent enough.

So, for the record, I am not dismayed over the merger - at least not now anyway.  And I will definitely give it some time to see if it turns into something I no longer wish to support.  But I certainly am not going to condemn the move without at least trying it.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version