ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gizmo's Tech Support Alert Newsletter Merges with Windows Secrets

<< < (6/13) > >>

PhilB66:
I'm offering a new service.
--- End quote ---

Brilliant!

Do you offer an affiliate program? I could start spamming the forums on your behalf.

mouser:
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

app103:
From my earliest days of internet access, back when all I had was email and no web (it just wasn't working properly) I was subscribed to 2 newsletters. They were the only emails I ever got that wasn't from friends or family and wasn't spam from my ISP. They were Langalist and New Order.

But I was not a paid subscriber of Langalist. There was something about the idea of paying for newsletters that had a strong possibility that they could turn out to be a disappointment and not worth the money I plunked down, that prevented me from paying for any email newsletters. With a print magazine or newspaper, if it turned out not to be worth the price, I at least still had the paper which could be chopped up by my daughter and turned into some weird art project, used to line a bird cage, or the cat's litterbox. Not the case with email, though.

When Fred Langa merged his newsletter with WS, I changed my mind. Just to get more Langa in my newsletters, I went against my frugal sensibilities and became a paid subscriber. Instead, I had my original suspicions confirmed.

Thanks to WS, I will probably never take a chance on subscribing to a paid email newsletter again, no matter how tempting, for as long as I live.

The whole experience left me feeling rather swindled and foolish.  >:(

For a small annual fee you can redirect your copy of Windows Secrets to me and I'll be disappointed on your behalf.
-cranioscopical (July 15, 2008, 06:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

But will you be twice as disappointed if I send you my paid version? Or is that an extra charge? :D

cranioscopical:
For a small annual fee you can redirect your copy of Windows Secrets to me and I'll be disappointed on your behalf.
-cranioscopical (July 15, 2008, 06:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

But will you be twice as disappointed if I send you my paid version? Or is that an extra charge? :D
-app103 (July 15, 2008, 11:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D

Good point.  That's DonationCoder at its best, there's always help and insight available to improve one's
efforts.  So, given the tenor of opinion here, I'm thinking of modifying the service to provide a bulk discount
to members.

Here's my limited-time offer:
If enough members club together and redirect their Windows Secrets' subscriptions to me (paid or unpaid)
I'm prepared to be completely dismayed on behalf of the group, possibly even devastated.

Would there be demand for a premium service where I'd print out a copy and then shred it?

mouser:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version