Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 16, 2014, 11:07:18 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: stalls during 'search history'  (Read 3341 times)
reckoner
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 09, 2008, 11:10:38 AM »

I have installed version v2.14.01. The problem is that when I am typing in something the window freezes showing 'searching history' in the status bar. it freezes for sometimes up to 30 seconds. I'm not sure what it's doing. It's itermittent.

thanks.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 11:18:32 AM »

it may be that a network path has gotten into your launch history and is slowing down farr while it tries to resolve it.
go to options and launch history tab and delete links on network/removable drives.
kartal
Supporting Member

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 02:27:20 PM »

mouser, this is not only limited to network drives. Farr gets into deep search mode and then it becomes unresponsive for a while. From what I understand if Farr cannot locate the search right away it starts the actual directory search. This is when Farr stalls for a while. Althou this does not happen all the time.
kfitting
Charter Member

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 05:43:00 AM »

For what it's worth, I've noticed an increased hanging while trying to show history items after installing AVG Antivirus.  Dont know if it's related though.

Kevin
fhayes
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 10:06:07 PM »

I see the same "stalling" behaviour, and process explorer shows me it AVG 8 (Grrr...).  I've added an exception to AVG's resident scanner as C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\ but it's still scanning and causing FARR to pause.  Any ideas how to get AVG to stop it?
kawikak
Participant

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 12:24:01 AM »

This is because of the AVG resident shield. If you disable the resident shield FARR won't stall as much any more. Kind of a bummer but I don't think it's possible to resolve this conflict any other way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.03s | Server load: 0 ]