ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snack Guidelines

Email Notifier [ sys tray ]

(1/2) > >>

dsp:
General EMAIL Notifier.
Eveyone has multiple email accounts (hotmail / my ISP  etc) so a notifier proggy is the way to go is't it?

Hers my idea...
We add 2 or more email addresses that sit in the Sytem Tray and say "hey you got and email to X from Z" sort of thing.

Thanks.

lanux128:
you can try ePrompter, allows you add upto 16 accounts.

brotherS:
There are several programs out there, but my recommendation is: don't use one. Such notifiers are proven to be highly distracting - if I recall correctly, it's more productive to smoke a joint in comparison, because you lose your train of thought frequently when checking what just came in.

f0dder:
brotherS: distraction problem can be fixed by not having accounts checked every minute :P

A dedicated account checker is a bad idea, though, if you get any amount of spam at all. Better to switch to an email program that has decent notifications, and notifies you after running incoming mails through the spam filter.

Grorgy:
pop peeper http://www.poppeeper.com/ will do this for you too, i've used it in the past for yahoo hotmail gmail and my isp provided mail.  worked well for me.  Claims unlimited accounts but i never tried more than 4

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version