ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

windows volume control setting

<< < (4/4)

techidave:
I did give these a try.  For some reason, probably user error, I couldn't get the setting to save.  So I tried Target's and it worked since that setting was already hard coded.

I went back and reread lanux's post and then placed a setting in the ini file and all is well.  I did like the idea that his automatically saved to the startup folder.

Other than that they are both capable programs..

thanks again and I will be awarding credits to both.

lanux128:
I did give these a try.  For some reason, probably user error, I couldn't get the setting to save.  So I tried Target's and it worked since that setting was already hard coded.

I went back and reread lanux's post and then placed a setting in the ini file and all is well.  I did like the idea that his automatically saved to the startup folder.-techidave (July 19, 2008, 05:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

@techidave: thanks for the credit. but i'm curious about the error that you mentioned. does the program saves the value to the INI file or you manually had to edit?

techidave:
When I checked the ini file, there was no setting there. So I manually put 50 in, saved and then when I logged back in, the wav settng was at 50% when before that it was at 0.  Like I said, it was user error on my part.  When the box first came up asking for a value, I was thinking it already had a value in it so I left it blank. By the time I realized it didn't, then I couldn't get the box to come back up. It was on re-reading your post that I discovered it used an ini file for settings.

oh well...its another day here in Kansas with the high temps to be 101!  I hope the a/c don't fail. 

Target:
many thanks for the credits (really not necessary  :-[)

did you get the amended version (toggles mute status off)?

and I wondered if a lesser volume setting would be better (as 50% is potentially quite loud...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version