ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

windows volume control setting

(1/4) > >>

techidave:
I am trying to set the wave volume for all users who log in to a computer.  By default it is set to zero so there are certain programs that don't have any sound.  The computers are XP Pro SP3 that log into a Windows server in a grade school setting.  It seems after they log in and it is set, then it stays but I am trying to save the computer teacher a lot of time by setting it in advanced.

This particular computer uses the SoundMax Digital Audio software.  I have also tried setting it in control panel but the results are the same.  I have looked in to gpedit but cannot find any setting there either.

any ideas?

techidave:
Apparently some/one of the software we use changes the default setting to zero.  I just logged into another computer  that has no software installed on it and the wave setting is as high as it will go. 

I am going to set up my default user and copy it to the other computer and see what happens.  I will post back the result.

Would there be a registry setting that would accomplish the same thing???

Dave

mouser:
actually this is a fantastic idea for a coding snack, a tool that runs on windows startup and forces the volume and wav volume settings to a specific value.

lanux128:
if you want a certain level of volume to be set on start, try NirCmd. the following code will create a shortcut in the startup folder which will set the system volume to the max.

--- ---nircmd.exe cmdshortcutkey "~%folder.desktop%" "Max Volume" setsysvolume 65535

mouser:
nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version