topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 7:36 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: How far can you throw a paper airplane  (Read 38774 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: How far can you throw a paper airplane
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2008, 06:36 AM »
...  I wonder what the farthest is?

- as far as I can see they are not telling, but:

Mark Says:

May 21, 2007 at 4:26 am
A person I know who is ranked in the top ten is over 900m, and says a volcano is involved. Yes, he has the screenshot of his score to prove it. Obviously there’s a certain way to throw it that will make a huge difference, and not many people have found it.
-Mark

>900m!!  :o  There certainly is more to be found - if the guy was telling the truth:

Iain Says:

May 31, 2007 at 9:39 pm
There have been a few questions about the genuine longest throw. We haven’t had time to look in the database for a definative answer, but during some testing on the new version (coming soon), we noticed that an accidental test throw of 129m was ranked at 239 globally. We have no idea at this point as to how anyone has thrown further than this even with the technique above but it does appear that some people have gone further than we thought possible (around 120m). We will try to figure this out soon and post back. - Amnesia

"around 120m" - sounds more likely.

# me Says:
February 5, 2008 at 4:01 am

ActuallyI don’t think that you can get past 125.999. I am now ranked at 531 at 125.771m. Keep dropping in rankings everyday. I do believe that it is now just the luck of getting the plane in just the right spot when throwing and hitting the keys at just the right moment. good luck Dave 1.

# Dave 1 Says:
February 5, 2008 at 11:04 am

Hey thanks, now I just need to work on reaction time.

# Dave 1 Says:
February 5, 2008 at 11:30 am

I guess your right me says I just got 125.799 and ranked 71.

# Gary Says:
February 6, 2008 at 1:41 am

Hey “me” that might be knocking you down at he 125.777 mark ? . I can hit it about 70% but since I got 125.802 on Jan 18th and the rank of 44th still holds even playing a couple or more hours a day unable to get passed that 125.8__ M mark but it does keep the mind off the snow out side. Keep playing I know I will til I see #1 Ha Ha.
Gary

# me Says:
February 6, 2008 at 3:59 am

Seems like there is a very fine line between 125 and 125.999. I hit it at a high percentage of the time also. Just have to figure out the exact time to release at the end. My reflexes just aren’t what they use to be but I’ll get it eventually. Don’t feel bad if you end up with 125.998 and #2 and I end up with 125.999 and #1

- so not "over 900m" but <126m 
"me" wrote > hitting the keys at just the right moment <, so there must be another cheat:

S M says: you have to select ’show all’ when your zoom in on the distance readings when it reached about 124m if you leave it to late it runs onto infinity-ish. The key thing is to exit through the window as high as u can. Start plane at very top left so u can see just the nose, move left the outside the main screen click and release and then move around the outside of the screen. enter on the rhs about 5 red dashes up, if u look carefully there’s a faint white line put the cursor just to the underside, the plane should exit through the window looking as if going to hit the wall above the window. Now the plane is really moving right click and zoom in over the distance read out, i usually place the cursor on the ‘units’ digit right click and zoom until you can see just the ‘tens’ and ‘units’ wait till u go thro the 100 distance and when ur at say 18 ie 114 right click poised to hit ’show all’ when you get to 124 -ish ie u can see 24 click ’show all’ u’ve got to be quick though other wise leave it to late and you fly into oblivion, click to soon and you’ll end up with only a poor score list 123 m or so !!!!
If u go into a black hole - lol just right click again and it select ‘ play’ I’m ranked 25th
-S M

- I think this zooming in and out is weird. I won't even bother to try.

http://flightsimx.ar...hive.amnesia.com.au/
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 08:08 AM by Curt »

knabel10

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 02:31 AM »
http://flightsimx.ar...hive.amnesia.com.au/

After 5 minutes, I got 9.919meters

There's a bonus section way off to the right...

After 8 minutes I got 110.85m ranked 22644! a little cheating though...just a little.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 02:43 AM »
a little cheating though...just a little.

go on .. tell us how to cheat :D
Tom