ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Mailto Forwarder

(1/2) > >>

Zero3K:
I would like it if someone could make a program that forwards Mailto: links to another program (such as Espresso).

f0dder:
Ummm... "forwards"? Do you mean sending to multiple applications? Or do you just need to change the mailto: handler to something that isn't Outlook Express? :)

Zero3K:
I just want a program that takes whatever Vista gives to the e-mail client and give Espresso the e-mail address that's in the original command line parameter (Espresso uses the -compose mailto:%1 parameter in order to fill in the To field of the compose window).

f0dder:
Still not sure I'm following you - is Espresso a mail client, and (if so) is it your system default client?

Or do you want to launch the system default client *and* pass the argument to espresso?

Zero3K:
Espresso is a mail client and is set as the default. The problem is that when clicking a Mailto: link, its compose window pops up without the To field filled. Somehow, its ignoring the info given via the %1 variable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version