ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

idea: give easier access to photos in email attachments

(1/1)

brotman:
I often receive emails in Outlook with multiple photos attached.  Viewing them requires multiple (seperate, Double-click) invocations and exits of my graphics program.  This is certainly not arduous, it is a bit clumsy.

I would like a program/helper/context menu add-on that would automagically downoad all the photo's to a (?temp?) folder and invoke my chosen (or default, for that matter) graphics browser on the first of them.  This would allow one to use the next function of the browser to scroll through all the pictures without having to exit the browser, return to the E-mail and double click on the next photo -- which kind of breaks "the flow".  if using a temp folder the downloaded pics would be deleted on exit.  Another (better, I think) alternative would be to have a master "saved attached pictures" folder with a subfolder saving the attachments for each processed email (use email title or a timestamp to name each subfolder.  Yeah, that's the ticket....

lanux128:
i have this link among my bookmarks but it's a DIY VBA macro tool.

Outlook MVP Eric Legault shows how to build a custom VBA User Form that lets you select and view e-mail picture attachments without opening and closing them one after another.-website
--- End quote ---

Select the images

Select the options

• The Picture Attachments Helper

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version