Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 01, 2014, 11:30:53 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Will someone in this section please start creating a massive MMORPG  (Read 10633 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 07, 2008, 03:44:34 AM »

We really need to see a few people here (coders, artists, storytellers, gameplayers) get together and design a cool new funny fun MMORPG game instead of spending so much time playing store bought games.  It's much more fulfilling.
Rhutobello
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 04:08:32 AM »

sounds like a great idea....I am sure we have a lots of RPG fans here, and they know what gives them the most thrill smiley

and clever code peoples has already shown that they master their trade.....and I....weeellll I look forward to play it, and to applaud smiley

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 04:12:06 AM »

even if you dont plan on coding it.. it would be a great project to just seem some people here working on designing it.

the pleasure one gets from playing a game pales so much in comparison with the pleasure and satisfaction of designing one.
Rhutobello
Supporting Member

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 06:17:31 AM »

have never done anything like it, code, design, how to put together....but if I am able to help, then you can all count me in:)
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 06:49:18 AM »

A MMORPG is a pretty massive undertaking, though, even if you go for something in the simpler end like maplestory. Heck, even going simpler and designing a text-based MUD isn't a super-trivial task...

- carpe noctem
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 06:57:03 AM »

how about finishing Deozaan's Docoto defense instead of starting another game?

http://www.donationcoder....um/index.php?topic=8878.0
Gothi[c]
DC Server Admin
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 07:20:37 AM »

How about finishing you know what so we can make this stuff in it and more.... some day
40hz
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 10:33:23 AM »

Graphic? Text based? Single-user? Team-based?
What form did you have in mind?

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 11:41:06 AM »

How about a MUD with realtime scripting, so you can add new items/monsters without recompiling sourcecode & restarting the server? Yeah, I know I know, everybody wants graphics today Sad

- carpe noctem
40hz
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 11:49:10 AM »

Yeah, I know I know, everybody wants graphics today Sad

Not me! I'm an old time MUDder and closet Zork fan. Think GUE not GUI!  Cool

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
Mizraim
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2008, 04:45:29 PM »

As far as coding, I have nothing to offer, however, I've been known to be pretty good at coming up with story ideas. I'd be more than happy to collaborate with anyone on a story for this.

Tekzel
Charter Member

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 11:27:12 AM »

Yeah, I know I know, everybody wants graphics today Sad

Not me! I'm an old time MUDder and closet Zork fan. Think GUE not GUI!  Cool

I was going to correct your GUE until I thought maybe you did it on purpose.  :/
Emmy
Participant

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 11:49:04 AM »

Check mine out... maybe we san start from there, i created server and client back in 2007 i think.

Youtube video demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t87WiRCduBk
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 01:32:30 PM »

What kind of an MMO? MMORPG? MMOFPS? MMORTS? Another Social MMO Virtual World?

Most people who try to make an MMO as their first game fail miserably because of how complex it can be.

allen
Charter Member