topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 4:41 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Opera: copy text WITH formatting  (Read 3971 times)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Opera: copy text WITH formatting
« on: July 07, 2008, 05:37 PM »
I though I'd better start a new thread about this cause it's mentioned in various threads as an "it bugs me about opera" thing

Came across this just today in the Surfulater forums

Right click on selected text in Opera and you should find and new option "Copy text with formatting". Select this to copy to the clipboard.
If you installed 'autocopy.js' this step is not necessary as it is performed automatically but you should check that the menu option is present.
-
follow the link to figure out how. The thread is about how to use it with Surfulater - i.e. how to copy text with formatting so it can be pasted in Surfulater [I havent applied it yet but it seems to work over there :)]
Tom

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Opera: copy text WITH formatting
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 06:01 PM »
Incidentally, it seems that it does not work for every Opera user out there, from what I saw in the Opera forums, but until the Opera guys add the functionality (which although I don't use, in the 21st century it's expected to have it there), it's the closest thing. Although on closer inspection, it may be a different method.

Up next: A way to add full support for Roboform under Opera... :P