ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

some suggestions about FARR

<< < (4/5) > >>

mouser:
:) i should mention this in the help file since it was just recently added based on user requests.

herojoker:
Mmh, this seems to work only when the used alias group has only one entry.
Example: I have groups called "maps" and "transl", the first contains only Google Maps currently, the second contains several translation services.

I created a hotkey with text "maps %cliptext%\n" and "transl %cliptext%\n".
The first one immediately opens google maps with the selected text, the second one remains on the alias group list; I have to press enter to get a result.

In my opinion the first result should be launched automatically if the corresponding option is set (the first one of the following).

"Always launch first result on hitting Enter", "If there is only one result, launch it when hitting Enter" [ok, the latter doesn't change the behaviour here], "Stop search on exact regex match" are on, "Stop search on exact alias match" is off (no combination of the last two options changes the behaviour).

mouser:
i could do this.
perhaps what i could do is check for \n\n
if the second \n is found it will launch first result of an alias if there are multiple.

ok?

herojoker:
Hmm, it would be ok but using the option "Always launch first result on hitting Enter" seems to be more appropriate.
IMHO FARR should behave exactly as the user had manually entered the text and pressed enter. From a coder's point of view: The actual launching process shouldn't be different! For example the way how FARR is started causes FARR to add/replace some text to a $variable (IIRC there is an option to automatically insert the last used command; this should use the same mechanism! It's your work to determine the priorities).
Then the contents of $variable until the first \n (or if not present the end of $variable) are inserted into the input (which automatically causes the search) and if a \n was present the Enter key should be simulated.
Perhaps you could realize this with a kind of command stack on which you store the actions to do (if you use object oriented programming you can use objects containing commands to execute).
Split $variable into certain tokens, then process these tokens one after another: Normal text adds TextInput to the stack, \n causes cancelling the token processing and adds WaitUntilReady and LaunchResult to the stack.
Then run all command objects stored on the stack...

mouser:
you have a point there, ok ill do it your way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version