ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

New FARR Plugin Display Mode: UserWindowMode

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
What's this?

A plugin can now tell FARR to embed its window inside the FARR result window in a special userview mode.

Basically this lets you embed an entire program inside the FARR result window when a plugin wants to do so, enabling a plugin to display any form of data it can generate.  This is a live window that is resized along with farr. Any language can be used -- basically FARR just takes over as the parent for a normal Window.  Very easy to use.

I hope this will open up a new range of possible plugins :)

mouser:
No one has commented on this feature yet?!?!  :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :tellme:

I thought people were going to be fainting in the aisles -- it has great potential to open up some advanced plugins, especially now that there are ways for plugins to talk with each other a bit, so that a plugin could be installed whose only purpose is to handle requests from other aliases or plugins to display info.

kartal:
I am fainting at the moment :)
We need some real examples probably thou.

Btw since we have this new embedding possibility, do you think that letting Farr run more than one instance is a good idea? For example one can have a very bare farr for only searching executables, no plugins just for search. And another one is for that is totally loaded with all these fancy plugins. And we can assign different shortcuts to this 2 versions. My suggestion is based on the fact that loaded version would slower to respond than barebone version. If there wont be any performance issues than running 2 instances does not make sense.

herojoker:
@Mouser: First, let them calm down ;)
In my opinion this is really a nice invention and it may render some usages/abuses of htmlview obsolete.

cranioscopical:
Mouser, rather than sitting on the fence I'll make a feint if it keeps you happy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version