ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Request for ideas for html view mode size memory

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
i wonder if this means is should really have a maxmize button on the farr titlebar, and perhaps a hotkey to toggle in and out of maximized mode.. others might find it useful to switch to fullscreen mode..

Armando:
That could be useful. (Right now I use GridMove andd my own ahk script to move farr around whenever I need to).
I find that farr in full screen looks really good. Especially the html stuff... and, oh well, files too : I love to have spacious display of all items.

Nod5:
Mouser, can you give an example alias using the "setsize" special launch string? I can't get my aliases to both set a window size and display a html file.

I think three size modes would make sense:
1. a default mode that FARR reverts to at reload and restart and at each search if not overridden by 2 or 3.
2. a temporary resized mode when a alias/plugin uses "setsize", reverting back to default once the next search/alias/plugin runs
3. another temporary resized mode when the user drag resizes the FARR window, staying until the user reloads farr or an alias/plugin uses setsize. Differs from 2 in that it doesn't revert to default size at the next regular search.

A slick way to set the default size would be CTRL+drag resize. Regular drag resize could then still be used for 3.

Finally some unabashed praise: all the many recent FARR updates are REALLY GREAT! So many new cool features to try!  :-*

mouser:
Mouser, can you give an example alias using the "setsize" special launch string?
--- End quote ---
setsize and other examples here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=10505.msg119752#msg119752
(note how its used with ;;; to compound launch strings in an alias)

Nod5:
got it working, thanks!

Setsize sets the size of the entire FARR window, right? Wouldn't it be more useful to set the size of the match list area (i.e. the html page when in html view mode)? Because then a distributed alias/plugin that uses setsize would get more similar looking output for different users regardless of what FARR skin they use (the minimalistic skin slenderFARR differs from other skins in horizontal border size for example). The output could still differ due to other user system factors like scroll bar size, font size and so on, but at least one source of different output would be removed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version