ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Request for ideas for html view mode size memory

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
With the new html view (and also somewhat with the richedit memo view), we have a slight dilemma with regard to the FARR window size; for normal FARR usage you typically want a pretty small window; for html view you usually need a bigger window.

I've added a few features to make working in html/memo mode a little easier:
First, FARR now remembers independently the size of the window in each different mode.  This goes a long way to making FARR usable in these different modes since you can have a large html view and a small results window.
Second, I've added a command that aliases and plugins can call to force the FARR window to be a specific size.

However, I'm thinking this may not be sufficient.  Are there going to be some html windows you want one size and others you need another size?  I'm trying to think what the best solution would be to this?  Is the ability to set window size from aliases good enought?

Or do we need some system for letting the user specify the desired window size on a per-plugin basis? or on a per-website url basis?  Other ideas?

Armando:
With the new html view (and also somewhat with the richedit memo view), we have a slight dilemma with regard to the FARR window size; for normal FARR usage you typically want a pretty small window; for html view you usually need a bigger window.

I've added a few features to make working in html/memo mode a little easier:
First, FARR now remembers independently the size of the window in each different mode.  This goes a long way to making FARR usable in these different modes since you can have a large html view and a small results window.
Second, I've added a command that aliases and plugins can call to force the FARR window to be a specific size.

However, I'm thinking this may not be sufficient.  Are there going to be some html windows you want one size and others you need another size?  I'm trying to think what the best solution would be to this?  Is the ability to set window size from aliases good enought?

Or do we need some system for letting the user specify the desired window size on a per-plugin basis? or on a per-website url basis?  Other ideas?
-mouser (July 05, 2008, 06:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

These are great idea. I'd say that letting the user specify the desired window size on a per-plugin basis would probably be useful : some work on laptops with little screens, other on huge ones.

PS : In my case -- and from what you're saying it seems that I might be a bit of unique case -- my farr window is always set to full screen with slight transparency. Probably because I have a 15 inch screen... I love it this way. So HTML fits well in there, and file/program launching works great too.

mouser:
my farr window is always set to full screen with slight transparency
--- End quote ---

very interesting. i'll have to try that to see what it's like.

Armando:
Here's how it looks like on my desktop. It allows me to see a bit what's behind, and I have plenty of space in farr to work.

Armando:
Some more screenshots.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version