ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

New FARR Plugin Display Mode: UserWindowMode

<< < (3/3)

skajfes:
this looks very cool, but I am a little worried that this is the way to bloatware... Anyway, the idea of a plugin beeing loaded on demand seems to be a solution to that.

s.newave:
WOW!! This does sound very promising indeed. I think we might need you to kick it off with an example though  :D

I had another idea for this that i think would make it even more useful.
A lot of people are concerned about plugins using up memory and resources.

One thing i could do with a bit of work is make farr able to load a special kind of plugin that is a dll or even an exe program that basically is launched ONLY WHEN IT IS INVOKED, and then is closed as soon as the farr display is switched away.

So in other words this would be like an on-demand loaded plugins, loaded only when invoked, and then unloaded right after.
--- End quote ---

I would be ok with this as long as it DOESNT slow down the speed and execution of the plugin in exchange for less memory usage. The reason i have fallen for FARR is that it continues to push the boundaries of what this type of application can become especially with some of your more recent additions. Imho if the cost of those additions is another 10-20mb then so be it. If you want an absolutely lean 250kb program that launches apps and a little more then FARR can be setup for that and there are also more then enough vanilla apps that can do that. Just check FARR's help file. Also if you dont need/use a specific plugin dont enable/install it :D. By no means am i advocating that FARR turn into bloatware and i think currently it is FARR from it however i dont think mem use specifically should be a primary concern in future development. I would rather development time go towards alias histories or ui improvement :)

nitrix-ud:
By no means am i advocating that FARR turn into bloatware and i think currently it is FARR from it however i dont think mem use specifically should be a primary concern in future development. I would rather development time go towards alias histories or ui improvement smiley
--- End quote ---

+1

ecaradec:
WOOW :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version