ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Plugin: AlbumDisplayer (BETA)

<< < (2/5) > >>

mouser:
very cool!!

But since the enter key currently has no use in the plugin when the input box has focus, maybe I can modify it so that the enter redoes the search and immediately loads the first match. Let me look into that.
--- End quote ---

there is actually an easy way to do this.  the new plugin api and new fscript api pass an additional variable to the OnSearch functions named triggermethod, which is 1 when user has hit enter to complete their search and 0 otherwise.  it's made for exactly the purpose you are talking about here.  we just need ecaradec to give us a sample of how to make the fscript.js use the new feature.

Nod5:
Mouser, that sounds perfect!

Given a variable in fscript.js that reflects if enter was pressed then I just need to modify the passed parameter (from the current "album.html?phrase1 phrase2 phrase3" to for example "album.html?enter=1&search=phrase1 phrase2 phrase3") and make album.html immediately send the first match to the external player if enter=1 .

BTW, I first thought that the plugin part for this idea could be made redundant once FARR gets a built in way to load a html view mode page without pressing enter (i.e. if "dosearch htmlviewurl..." worked). But for more advanced features like different behaviour for regex match versus pressing enter a plugin seems necessary.

edit: I found a bug with my plugin: If I type "alb abc%" then the percent sign crashes FARR in a barrage of error messages, the first saying "invalid hex digit in URL". I guess I need to block certain characters in the fscript.js...

TucknDar:
Finally got around to trying this plugin, and I'm really liking it! Is there a way to let me display all albums? like typing "alb *" or something?

Good work!

CWuestefeld:
What exactly does this work from? Is it the image files that WMP leaves around, or some source on the web, or what?

Lashiec:
The JavaScript file included says it shows the "folder.jpg" file contained in the specified path (I guess that also includes subfolders). That's a defacto standard, so it should work with most media players, although it would be nice if a few more frequent naming conventions were included.

EDIT: Rewording

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version