ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Plugin: AlbumDisplayer (BETA)

(1/5) > >>

Nod5:
AlbumDisplayer (BETA) -- please testdrive/pick apart and give feedback! :Thmbsup: If anyone would like to post about this at some other place, please don't until there's been some more feedback confirming that it works for others (it works perfect on my system but you never know...)

-----------------------------------
AlbumDisplayer
by nod5 ( nod5.dcmembers.com )
a plugin for FARR Find and Run Robot; www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/
using FARR javascript SDK by ecaradec
using tooltip html/javascript code by dynamicdrive.com
using static index, created/updated by script made in autohotkey
-----------------------------------

Setup:
(0) Extract and copy folder "AlbumDisplayer" and all its files to FARR Plugin directory
(1) edit path in AlbumDisplayerIndexer.ini
(2) run AlbumDisplayerIndexer.exe to make index
(3) edit audioplayer path in album.html
(4) type "rplugins" in FARR and click "OK"

Tip: put link to AlbumDisplayerIndexer.exe in autorun folder to re-index at each Windows reboot

Use:
Type "alb searchphrase". Example: "alb beatles yellow sub"

Click on a match to send its folder as a parameter to the specified audio player
(confirmed working in the audioplayer XMPlay)

Note: AlbumDisplayer only works for folders that contain a folder.jpg image file.
Note: requires FARR 2.15.01 or newer

download: -- link removed use newer version below -- (md5 9e11f51b5f31f54951fee0b3b67284b6 )

short flash screencast: http://nod5.dcmembers.com/albumdisplayerbeta.htm

jgpaiva:
Very good work, nod5!! This proves the tremendous power of the html display :D
I just have one request: Is it possible to have it launch the first result when we press enter? :)

Nod5:
indeed it does! Via the farr:// commands we can mix html and FARR functionality a lot. We could for example make a html menu for each match and from that menu choose from multiple things for FARR to do with the match (pass it to an audioplayer like above, or copy it to clipboard, or pass it to another FARR plugin, or...)

re: launching the first result. I'm not exactly sure how to do it. Do you see a good way?

Nod5:
the problem is this: for search as you type to work, I need to let the FARR inputbox to keep focus. But to launch a match from the html page through enter I need that match (and the page) to have focus. But since the enter key currently has no use in the plugin when the input box has focus, maybe I can modify it so that the enter redoes the search and immediately loads the first match. Let me look into that.

In the meantime, pressing tab + enter is a pretty fast way to launch the first match.

jgpaiva:
But since the enter key currently has no use in the plugin when the input box has focus, maybe I can modify it so that the enter redoes the search and immediately loads the first match. Let me look into that.
-Nod5 (July 05, 2008, 09:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yep, that's what i was thinking! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version