topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 9:37 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Peggle Deluxe for $11.97 on Games Du Jour  (Read 6822 times)

cthorpe

• Discount Coordinator
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • c++thorpe
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Peggle Deluxe for $11.97 on Games Du Jour
« on: July 04, 2008, 02:44 AM »
Game du Jour is offering Peggle Deluxe for $11.97 today (July 4th).  The regular price is $19.99.  It can be had for $9.99 on Valve's Steam service, but the GdJ version doesn't lock you into Steam.

peggle.png

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the developer of Peggle Deluxe, Game du Jour, or any distributor of Peggle Deluxe.  I have not received any compensation, nor any promise of future compensation, for this post or any sales generated by this post.  The following text was written by me.

Peggle Deluxe is an ADDICTIVE game that is some kind of cross between pinball, breakout, and the Plinko game on The Price is Right.  You fire balls into the field from the top in the hopes of clearing out all the orange pegs.  Scattered throughout the fields you will find blue pegs that get in the way, purple pegs that are worth more points, and green pegs that activate special powers.  These powers range from extra guiding lines to help you see where the ball will go to flippers on the sides of the screen like a pinball table.  A bucket moves back and forth along the bottom of the screen at all times, and if you ball lands in the bucket you get it back.  Otherwise, when the ball falls off the bottom of the screen you lose it.  You have to clear all the oranges before running out of balls to win the level.  There are 55 regular levels, then a bunch of extra challenge levels once you are finished.

Reviews: http://www.metacriti.../platforms/pc/peggle (rated 85 on MetaCritic)
YouTube video of gameplay: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mr2A_T0pbAQ

p3lb0x

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Beer, beer, beer, I'm going for a beer!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Peggle Deluxe for $11.97 on Games Du Jour
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 02:58 AM »
Peggle IS oddly addicting, I tried the extreme edition you get with the orange box and for a game with so little depth is actually pretty good
Stop mousering people so much - Mouser

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 05:29 AM »
i have the extreme edition sitting in my hard-disk, collecting virtual dust. should try out one of these days. btw, the extreme edition can be obtained via Steam free of charge, if you have an nVidia GPU.

http://www.steampowered.com/nvidia/

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 10:23 AM »
Great tip, lanux! :D

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 09:17 PM »
thanks jgpaiva. Steam made this offer to ATI users first until a survey made by Steam showed that more gamers play on nVidia Geforce, hence this extension. :)