ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I need a frame by frame dvd video player software.

<< < (3/4) > >>

kartal:
4wd I did not know about licencing problems that Vd was having. Thanks for letting me know, that should save my couple hours easily :)

Vobs are on my hd at the moment and yet having issues. :( Other players can play them except avidemux. I will try to grab the latest version and see if that makes a difference.

4wd:
4wd I did not know about licencing problems that Vd was having. Thanks for letting me know, that should save my couple hours easily :)-kartal (July 05, 2008, 03:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

It wasn't actually licensing problems, the original developer just made the decision not to implement to avoid any problems.

At this point I'm not sure if it's been implemented lately or not - the release notes imply it has MPEG-2/4 support since about version 1.6+ but my version 1.71 won't import a VOB complaining that it's possibly MPEG-2.

Guess I'll download the latest and see what happens.

Regarding AVIDemux, try toggling: Preferences->Input->Use libavcodec MPEG-2 decoder

BTW, I'm using AVIDemux 2.4.1 (r3791).

EDIT: VirtualDub still doesn't accept a VOB as input as at 1.8.1.

kartal:
I have managed it to work.

First problem was a dumb one. There was a failed idx file in the folder and Avidemux probably was trying to write over and was failing so it could not import the vob.
Seond one was about appending files. It was asking me if I wanted to append multiple files for some reason. At first I clicked yes failed couple times. Choosing no leads to successful import,

thanks for the settings tip 4wd.

Btw here is a simple AHK script to use your mouse wheel for frame back and forth inside avidemux:)

;xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Avidemux xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#IfWinActive Avidemux
{

WheelDown::Right
WheelUp::Left
Return

}   

4wd:
I have managed it to work.

First problem was a dumb one. There was a failed idx file in the folder and Avidemux probably was trying to write over and was failing so it could not import the vob.-kartal (July 05, 2008, 12:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cool, glad you got it to work.

Seond one was about appending files. It was asking me if I wanted to append multiple files for some reason. At first I clicked yes failed couple times. Choosing no leads to successful import,
thanks for the settings tip 4wd.
--- End quote ---

If it sees VOBs that are part of the same VTS set, (eg. VTS_01_x), then it will ask if you want to append them - so you can import a whole movie off of a DVD without processing each VOB separately and then appending them.

Btw here is a simple AHK script to use your mouse wheel for frame back and forth inside avidemux:)

;xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Avidemux xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#IfWinActive Avidemux
{

WheelDown::Right
WheelUp::Left
Return

}
--- End quote ---

Thanks, I tend to use the keyboard for fast navigation but this will come in handy for scrubbing over small sections.

I tend to use AVIDemux over all other editors now, especially for MPG4 encodes because it's SMP encoding is faster than any other program I've tried without resorting to command line encoders and their options.

kartal:
Avidemux is definetely amazing application.

Btw qt version cannot save image sequence. Maybe they have forgotten to put in the interface because gtk version has it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version