ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

I need a frame by frame dvd video player software.

<< < (2/4) > >>

4wd:
What does "scrub back and forth" mean?
-housetier (July 04, 2008, 02:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

The ability to move back and forth, (at speeds ranging from frame by frame to many times normal play rate), through a video, usually by just dragging a slider backwards and forwards.

Most players only go forward frame by frame, you usually need a video editing program to do this rather than a simple player - hence why I suggested AVIDemux.

kartal:
For some reason avidemux cannot open the vob files(other players can play no problem). That means that I need to convert vob to avis then try avidemux. I will also try virtualdub.

Thanks for suggestions.

4wd:
For some reason avidemux cannot open the vob files(other players can play no problem). That means that I need to convert vob to avis then try avidemux. I will also try virtualdub.-kartal (July 04, 2008, 11:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Strange, AVIDemux opens VOBs fine here and offers to append them together if they're in the same titleset, (VTS).

Does it open "Index MPEG files" dialog, (you have to answer "Yes" - it creates an idx file so the VOBs need to be on writable media)?

kartal:
Yes it is asking me to index but fails to index. I had used Avidemux successfully in the past. I will try to investigate little more, probably something is weird with the .vob I am using.

4wd:
Yes it is asking me to index but fails to index. I had used Avidemux successfully in the past. I will try to investigate little more, probably something is weird with the .vob I am using.-kartal (July 05, 2008, 02:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

The only time I've had it fail to index is when the VOBs are on a DVD, you need to rip the DVD to the hard drive first removing any protection in the process.

Otherwise, try opening just a straight MPEG file, (example.mpg), off of the hard drive and see if it works.

AFAIK, VirtualDub can't handle MPEG2, (due to licensing IIRC), that's why VirtualDubMod and NanDub were created - both rather long in the tooth now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version