topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:37 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: DONE: batch .par2 executer  (Read 14663 times)

turtleboy1992

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
DONE: batch .par2 executer
« on: November 02, 2005, 04:08 AM »
I've been looking for a freeware/shareware batch executer program with no luck. i have tried a program called runclick that comes close, but all it does is execute all the par2 files at once, even though it has an idle mode. what i need is a program that executes a par2 file and waits for it to complete the verification process and then close that par2 file and execute the next one in the batch.  I'd like to drag and drop the par2 files to this program, or have an easy way to select multiple par2 files. par2 files are used on usenet to verify data integrity of binary downloads and fix them if necessary without redownloading large files. but in reality, if you made a program that could sense when a program has completed it's function (or goes idle) and then closes that program and launches the next program, you've done what i wanted. I'd be willing to donate whatever sounds fair. I'd also be willing to bet that the usenet community would be willing to donate a fair amount for this program. sometimes i download and verify lots of files and i have to babysit the computer. it's just time consuming. i realize i could write a dos .bat file (i think the wait command might work in this case?), but I'd have to re-write it for every par2 file and i could not have spaces in the pathnames like winxp lets me create without getting errors. if no one wants to try this, then point me in some direction to go to accomplish this task. I'm open to any suggestion.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: idea: batch .par2 executer
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 04:17 AM »
Wouldn't an ordinary DOS batch file achieve this - it will execute command sequentially ?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 04:36 AM »
what i need is a program that executes a par2 file and waits for it to complete the verification process and then close that par2 file and execute the next one in the batch.  I'd like to drag and drop the par2 files to this program

:)

may i suggest a program that will do EXACTLY what you want.
you won't have to go too far:
https://www.donation.../dragdrop/index.html

Drag+Drop Robot was made for exactly this kind of thing.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 04:41 AM »
True - oh whoops ... can't see the wood ...

turtleboy1992

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 05:05 AM »
Thanks for pointing to this program again. I had tried it a little while ago, and was confused on how to use it, so I moved on to trying other programs. However, having tried it again with par2cmdline, it works fine. it really does what i want. thanks a lot for making this fine tool. I'm sorry I asked for something that was already made. you can close this thread now, if you want. :Thmbsup:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 05:16 AM »
it's a good thread to have on the forum, i'll probably just move it to drag+drop robot section of the forum where others people can see the kinds of things that D+D is good for.

wr975

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 03:51 AM »
what i need is a program that executes a par2 file and waits for it to complete the verification process and then close that par2 file and execute the next one in the batch.

You can try using dlDone. It'll batch process/monitor your PAR2 files, repair if necessary and extracts archive sets. Be sure to read the forum thread if you get errors saving the settings.

http://www.newsleech...viewtopic.php?t=2465