ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mouser's Zone

How to uninstall CH&S?

(1/1)

polyglot:
Could someone please let me know how to uninstall Clipboard Help & Spell? I can't see it in "Add/Remove Programs" and can't find an "uninstall" option anywhere.
Thanks.

mouser:
There is an "Unintall" entry for Clipboard Help and Spell both in the start menu folder for the program and in the normal "Add or Remove Programs" list.

If you've removed these items somehow manually, you could always just exit the program from the system tray (right click on the CHS icon and choose exit), and then delete the C:\Program Files\ClipboardHelpAndSpell directory.

polyglot:
Thank you mouser. Strangely, I cannot find a Start menu folder for the program, and as I mentioned it is not listed under "Add or Remove Programs". Even more oddly, there is no C:\Program Files\ClipboardHelpAndSpell directory. CHS is giving errors, which is why I want to uninstall and re-install it. I recently installed SP3 to my Windows XP. Could this have affected CHS?

mouser:
Strange.
I'll have to investigate whether there is an issue with SP3..

Ok well first step then is to find out where Clipboard Help+Spell is living.
Do a file search on your hard drive for "ClipboardHelpAndSpell.exe"

It's possible that you simply unpacked it manually somewhere instead of using the installer.  That's fine, you just need to find where it is and delete the files.  Before you do you might go into the CHS options (right click on tray and choose "Options and Preferences") and disable the "start with windows" option:

by the way, can you tell me what error CHS is giving you? And what version of CHS it is (you can see by choosing "About" in the right-click menu).

polyglot:
Hello mouser. You are right. It was in a different folder, which I have now deleted.
Luckily I wrote down two of the errors in longhand.
DBISAM Engine Error #8691
Header information corrupt in the table 'Clip Table'
AND
Table Groups: Field 'Index' not found.
There were others but I did not make a note of them.
Thanks for your prompt help.
R

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version