ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Firefox 3 annoyance: Keying-in disabled in file upload control

<< < (3/3)

cmpm:
Hmmm...Sorry, I was mistaken.
I haven't uploaded anything by pasting in the text box in a while.
So the last time I did was probably with 20014.
And also perhaps they thought it was a convenience for that box to pop up. But we should get a choice.

I've also heard that there is a way to get your clipboard contents, if hacked into somehow or way.
Don't know the details.
Maybe that's the security thing.
If they said why then everyone would know I guess.

lanux128:
if they're going to change the default behaviour, that is fine with me as long as there is an option for users to revert to the previous behaviour. this "we know all" change is a bit Microsft-ish. btw, reminds me of the blog that mouser posted.

Ehtyar:
I'm sorry to post against such an old thread, but I have only just discovered this myself (I was on holiday when this thread was active), and I'm quite put out by it. Anyone wishing to show support for a fix should sign up and post a comment here.

Ehtyar.

lanux128:
good work, Ehtyar on the comments at BugZilla. :) i do wish this would be resolved soon enough.

Ehtyar:
Thanks lan man, though I don't know what kind of chance we have, so far they seem to feel they have justification for their doing, though that Carl twit hasn't helped....

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version