ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone know an Antivirus Bootable CD or Floppy with NTFS support

<< < (2/4) > >>

Dirhael:
I think this one might be what you're looking for. Also, just about any "system rescue" disk running a up-to-date Linux system will have read/write support for NTFS (using NTFS-3G).

Curt:
I think this one might be what you're looking for. ...-Dirhael (July 02, 2008, 05:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

- that one looks really useful, Dirhael - a link to keep. On a USB stick. Thanks! :up:

Avira AntiVir Rescue System

Avira AntiVir Rescue System is a Linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore. Thus it is possible to:

* repair a damaged system,
    * rescue data,
    * scan the system for virus infections.

Just double-click on the rescue system package to burn it to a CD/DVD. You can then use this CD/DVD to boot your computer.

The Avira AntiVir Rescue System is updated several times a day so that the most recent security updates are always available
--- End quote ---

Carol Haynes:
Thanks guys - all look really useful. I'll give them all a try and let you know how I get on.

PhilB66:
Kaspersky Rescue Disk ISO is another option. Download here.

Carol Haynes:
Thanks - yes someone mentioned Kapersky above. It does look nice but it is a bit off-putting that a big warning pops up that the AV pattern file is out of date having downloaded the latest build.

Avira looks good too but the interface is a bit clunky (to say the least - and it is easy to end up working in German ;))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version