ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone know an Antivirus Bootable CD or Floppy with NTFS support

<< < (3/4) > >>

Target:
of course if all else fails you could install the drive in another machine, and use the installed (and current) AV tools on that machine...

Carol Haynes:
True ...

Armando:
of course if all else fails you could install the drive in another machine, and use the installed (and current) AV tools on that machine...
-Target (July 02, 2008, 07:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

This exactly what I did last week with my old laptop! I had a bunch of 2.5 enclosures lying around... Finally it was a bad RAM stick. Anyhow : it's probably the easiest solution if possible -- instead of hunting for ISOs etc.

Stoic Joker:
-Target (July 02, 2008, 07:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

This exactly what I did last week with my old laptop! I had a bunch of 2.5 enclosures lying around... Finally it was a bad RAM stick. Anyhow : it's probably the easiest solution if possible -- instead of hunting for ISOs etc.
-Armando (July 02, 2008, 08:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
I can't count the number of times this thing saved my ass (Laptop to IDE Hard Drive Adapter) http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat_id=906&sku=17705 ...I use it for everything from bug-zapping to data recovery ... Recovery of shakey laptop drive in USB enclosure == Bad Plan...

cchian:
I recently started using Avast which has a free version for home use, one cool thing is that after the initial installation it prompts you to reboot the machine and it will then do a full drive scan before the OS loads. This should clean any viruses it detects before they have the chance to execute and replicate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version