topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:49 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: StarWreck full movie spoof on star trek and babylon 9 (english subs)  (Read 25747 times)

clif_notes

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Clif Notes Newsletter
    • View Profile
    • Clif Notes Newsletter
    • Donate to Member
Re: StarWreck full movie spoof on star trek and babylon 9 (english subs)
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2005, 11:13 PM »
Hi Bro,

I heartily agree with you. In most cases, more options are better. Sometimes, however, you run into a program that does only one thing, and does it so well that you can't imagine that you would need anything else.

In the case of the BT client, I can imagine a few things I would add to it if I thought I'd use them. For example, a history function might be nice. And if I'm going to add that, what about a nice search feature for finding BT downloads all over the net. If I add much more than that, I'm going to end up with some kind of new social software like some of the file sharing applications and services. You know, communities, chat, etc.

Oh, but don't let me distract you from your mini-review.  :D

Devoted to promoting freeware and free information

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: StarWreck full movie spoof on star trek and babylon 9 (english subs)
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2005, 04:31 AM »
I heartily agree with you. In most cases, more options are better. Sometimes, however, you run into a program that does only one thing, and does it so well that you can't imagine that you would need anything else.
"People using things they can't imagine they would need/like something better instead" is the main reason progress is not faster :D
When I read your post I immediately had to think about the great, great http://www.autohotkey.com - read https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=1167.0 for more details please.

In the case of the BT client, I can imagine a few things I would add to it if I thought I'd use them. For example, a history function might be nice. And if I'm going to add that, what about a nice search feature for finding BT downloads all over the net. If I add much more than that, I'm going to end up with some kind of new social software like some of the file sharing applications and services. You know, communities, chat, etc.
Well, most people prefer to use BT clients just for the best possible file transfer, not for chat and stuff. And for legal reason I believe most clients won't get a search feature (which is not THAT bad IMHO).