ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Diablo 3 announced!

<< < (4/7) > >>

f0dder:
Isn't running such high resolutions somewhat close to cheating? I mean, you can see much more than you were normally supposed to, and perhaps can even see monsters without being inside their detection range? (unless the game actually does adapt to higher resolutions).

lanux128:
this is a crude hack, best played on SP as i don't think it is tolerated on MP servers. in fact, much hair was split over this hack when it first came into availability. ;)

Deozaan:
this is a crude hack, best played on SP as i don't think it is tolerated on MP servers. in fact, much hair was split over this hack when it first came into availability. ;)
-lanux128 (July 07, 2008, 09:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I never play on B.Net servers. Just LAN (via Hamachi if necessary). It would be interesting to try it out with everybody using the higher resolution.

You don't happen to know of a similar hack for Starcraft do you? I looked all over for one of those about a year ago and the only thing I found was a hack to get it to play in Windowed mode.

lanux128:
You don't happen to know of a similar hack for Starcraft do you? I looked all over for one of those about a year ago and the only thing I found was a hack to get it to play in Windowed mode.-Deozaan (July 07, 2008, 10:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

i haven't played Starcraft in a long time so i'm not sure if there is a similar hack but i'll keep an eye out for you.

lanux128:
via MaximumPC and DoCo member lrs..

Diablo III will launch in the U.S., Canada, Europe, South Korea, Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau; gamers living in Mexico, Argentina, Chile, and Brazil will be able to buy Diablo III digitally on Blizzard's Battle.net website, while gamers in Latin American countries and in Russia will be able to get their hack-and-slash on starting June 7.

Blizzard also plans to sell a Collector's Edition bundle in retail stores. It will consist of the game on DVD, a two-disc DVD/Blu-ray set with behind-the-scenes coverage, Diablo III soundtrack CD, 208-page art book, a 4GB USB soulstone with full versions of Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, and other extras.
--- End quote ---

� http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/mark_your_calendars_diablo_iii_comes_out_may_15

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version