ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Diablo 3 announced!

(1/7) > >>

lanux128:
Blizzard's classic hack-n-slash action RPG is set for another sequel! this surely brings back a lot of nostalgia - gaming-wise. 8)

Diablo 3: What We Know So Far
by Nick Breckon Jun 30, 2008 4:47pm CST

With Blizzard's Saturday announcement of Diablo 3 came a veritable whirlwind of details in the form of developer interviews, panels, and gameplay demonstrations.

After becoming frustrated with the lack of consolidation, I've compiled a simple bullet-point list of all the known features, changes and additions to the series in the new sequel.

Considering the wealth of knowledge, I'm sure I've missed a thing or two. Feel free to use this as an opportunity to share tidbits of information, and to speculate on all things unknown.

Table of Contents:

1. General Overview
2. Gameplay
3. Questing
4. Interface
5. Multiplayer
6. Classes
7. Monsters
8. Story
9. Screenshots and Video
• Source: http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=909

f0dder:
I hope the gameplay is a bit more like #1 than #2 - many of the skills in #2 were just plain silly, most of the mobs were too easy (but then some bosses were *super* hard), etc.

lanux128:
i agree - D1 was such a fun outing. also the graphics for D2 was a bit let-down as the max resolution was only 640*480 if i remember correctly.

f0dder:
i agree - D1 was such a fun outing. also the graphics for D2 was a bit let-down as the max resolution was only 640*480 if i remember correctly.
-lanux128 (July 02, 2008, 06:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
Iirc it was 800x600 if you ran it in the 3D-accelerated version? Doesn't seem to be mentioned on wikipedia. Oh, and the Necromancer class was crippled, the skeletons just didn't scale up with level at all :(

Josh:
All I can say is HELL YEAH!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version