ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Switching to Linux; how do you not flop back to the world of Windows??

<< < (6/10) > >>

wraith808:
I've tried Linux over, and over, and over again.

<snip... though all of this applies too />

It's just that Windows does everything I need my home PC to do, and Linux is still more trouble than it's worth for daily use.
-cthorpe (April 20, 2011, 01:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

^ This.  x1000.  I keep thinking I'm missing out on something, and I'll try it.  Then I'll remember why I don't use it for everyday needs.  And then all is right with the world again.

40hz:
Windows does everything I need my home PC to do, and Linux is still more trouble than it's worth for daily use.
-cthorpe (April 20, 2011, 01:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

If that's the case, stick with Windows as your main computing environment, and cruise Linux when and if:

* it makes sense to do so
* you're curious about something
* you're bored with Windows or want some variety
Unless you have a political axe to grind (or some mutated Apple fanboy molecule has entered your bloodstream) there's no need to ever pick one over the other.  Use Windows, Linux, or both. It's all about choice. Not about taking sides in some imaginary battle. And there's absolutely no sane reason to exclusively use Linux other than if it works better for you.

Even a Linux advocate like myself wouldn't ask you to do any more than you've already done. You tried it. And after you did, you decided it didn't bring enough to the party for you to completely switch over to it.

You're not missing anything. You're just using your head.

If something ever happens to change your mind, Linux will be waiting for you. And free for the download. :Thmbsup:

jgpaiva:
[just in case noone noticed, this thread was 2 years old and was revived by necro spamming by a bot :P ]

40hz:
Oh well...

I would have said the same thing two years ago anyway.  :-[

(Gotta check the dates...gotta check the dates... :-\ )

wraith808:
[just in case noone noticed, this thread was 2 years old and was revived by necro spamming by a bot :P ]
-jgpaiva (April 20, 2011, 04:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oops.  I didn't notice the bot's post... just cthorpe's...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version