ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Injecting HTML into Outlook?

<< < (3/3)

Armando:
Could using MS Word or not as the email/html editor be the problem? I personally use word 2003. It's not the best with html, but...

- Tools > Options > click the Mail Format tab.
- Tick or untick "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" check box

lanux128:
That only seems to send it as an attachment.  I could do that, of course, but sometimes I'd rather send a prettified e-mail without people having to open an attachment.-rjbull (July 02, 2008, 08:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

maybe it's a 'feature' of Outlook. ;) but seriously, i found this tip that might be related to your situation.

• Send Page By Email

rjbull:
When you copy and paste do you have the Email format set to RTF?  What is the default format for sending emails (menu -> Tools -> Options -> Mail Format)?

My default format is RTF and I get basic formatting when copying (ctrl-c) out of Firefox and pasting into a new email.
-Veign (July 02, 2008, 11:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

My default is plain text, because I dislike fancy formats in e-mail.  This is the odd case where I might want something to impress managers.  I also found that if I put a UNC link to something on the network when replying to other people's fancy-formatted e-mails, the links didn't always seem to work, and it was safer to start from scratch with a plain-text e-mail.

For this test, though, I tried both plain text and re-setting the default to HTML.  I didn't think to try RTF, and indeed I wouldn't have thought of it, because I was under the impression that converting between HTML and RTF was difficult.

@lanux128: thanks for the tip - as seen above, I'd sort of got there, but that makes the intended behaviour clearer.

rjbull:
If you cut and paste HTML you probably won't have the CSS stylesheet (if any) which will alter the look of the email format too.
-Carol Haynes (July 02, 2008, 11:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good point.  The thing that generated the HTML gives you a choice of style sheets, so that clearly has a bearing.

rjbull:
- my IE7 will send it as a nice HTML email, not attached.

While we're at it, you may want to install http://sendpagebyemail.mozdev.org/ for Firefox
- https://addons.mozilla.org/da/firefox/addon/2343
-Curt (July 02, 2008, 09:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

- this extension is totally weird.
-Curt (July 02, 2008, 06:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe I'll skip that one, then  ;)

However, I must say the quality of the attached html page was sublime!  :up:

--- End quote ---

I really wanted it in-line...  Another annoyance; if I send Web pages as attachments, I sometimes use MHT files.  As far as I know, Firefox can't generate them or read them, so I have to use IE or EverNote, if I've saved the page in EverNote as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version