ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Middle click without using scrollwheel button

(1/3) > >>

app103:
I have a problem with my computer and I don't know if it is my mouse, the P/S2 extension cord for it, or something else, nor do I care to test and replace the defective part, since it just isn't worth investing any money into this 11 year old 9x PC.

The scrollwheel isn't working properly. No matter what direction you scroll, it just jumps to bottom of page. Middle clicking does same thing, bottom of a page.

I can get around most of it with the keyboard, using that for scrolling instead of the wheel, but middle clicking isn't possible and that is the problem.

I am tired of right clicking, waiting for a menu to pop up (it's sooo slow), and selecting the option that does what a middle click would do.

Is there anything that could make a double click do what a middle click would normally do? If not, can someone make something that does?

It would also be good if I can activate/deactivate the utility with a hotkey or option on a tray menu so it won't conflict with anything that would require me to use a double click for a different purpose, such as a game.

Please, no .NET stuff, as this is a very old slow 9x machine with very little RAM.

rjbull:
 I run PowerPro, and don't know if this is PowerPro-specific.  Under PowerPro, shift-left-click works as if it were middle-click.  That's what I've been doing for ages.

In fact, I've just this minute realised that the scrollwheel doubles as the apparently missing middle mouse button...   :-[

edit by jgpaiva: fixed powerpro link
edit2 by jgpaiva: really fixed the powerpro link.. Last time i replaced it by www.powerpro.com :-[ Sorry!

jgpaiva:
How about an ahk script to replace ctrl + rightClick by middle mouse button?
Another option would be using double-rightclick, so you could leave it always enabled.

app103:
ooooh...I like the double right click idea.  :)

app103:
I run PowerPro, and don't know if this is PowerPro-specific.  Under PowerPro, shift-left-click works as if it were middle-click.  That's what I've been doing for ages.

In fact, I've just this minute realised that the scrollwheel doubles as the apparently missing middle mouse button...   :-[

-rjbull (July 02, 2008, 04:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Shift-left click does almost the same thing as middle clicking, but in my browser that opens a link in a new tab, in the foreground rather than in the background like middle clicking would do.

And I really don't want to run a super-duper-multi-purpose tool to do this, as I have a slow CPU and very little RAM on this pc.

By the way, I couldn't reach that site with the link you provided, but this one did work: http://powerpro.webeddie.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version