ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Injecting HTML into Outlook?

(1/3) > >>

rjbull:
At work we have to use Outlook, the full version, not Express.  I have it set to plain-text e-mails but occasionally I need fancier formatting.  If I have a pre-existing HTML page, is there any way I can get it into Outlook as an HTML message?  All I seem to get is the plain text, or HTML as code that doesn't render.  I was somehow expecting to be able to drag and drop, or mark a piece and copy it into Outlook like you can from a browser into EverNote.

TIA...

Curt:
From what I understand the problem could also be caused by your copy/paste clipboard transforming genuine HTML into some not-all-the-same code. My problem with this, using Firefox and Thunderbird, was solved by installing the Extended Copy Menu Auto Context add-on in Firefox. Of course you might need a different cure, but I uninstalled my Outlook 2003 maybe a year ago and am not sure how it was with this subject.

From my Firefox's context menu:

lanux128:
i don't use Outlook on a daily basis so i'm not sure but one way to test is to 'Send Page by e-mail' from IE and see if that works.

Curt:
-also, Thunderbird is showing the nature of the problem, because I can choose between seeing an emails' content as "Original HTML" or "Simpel HTML".

rjbull:
i don't use Outlook on a daily basis so i'm not sure but one way to test is to 'Send Page by e-mail' from IE and see if that works.
-lanux128 (July 02, 2008, 06:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

That only seems to send it as an attachment.  I could do that, of course, but sometimes I'd rather send a prettified e-mail without people having to open an attachment.

Firefox 2.0.0.12 doesn't seem to have a "Send page by e-mail," only send link.

@curt:  thanks, will look at it, but I have to re-start Firefox and I'll do that later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version