ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Most Recently Used 1.0.0

<< < (12/18) > >>

mouser:
make sure you actually really do have mru installed and enabled.
if you type "aplugins" you should see "FARR Most Recently Used Plugin" in the listing.
and typing mru should give you a nice menu of 4 choices no matter what.

phitsc:
I noticed that when you type mru to bring up the MRU menu and then select one of the items by moving down in the list with the arrow key and hitting enter everything works as expected. If I use one of the # keys however (e.g. keypad 2) the FARR input edit box text is just replaced by 'restartsearch mrup '. Anyone knows why this is?

mouser:
Anyone knows why this is?
--- End quote ---

oops.  this has to be considered a FARR bug. i will fix.

i may have misspoken.. is mru handling this case manually in an unusual way?
s.newwave and i will have to talk about why this is happening since it doesnt happen with normal aliases.

phitsc:
i may have misspoken.. is mru handling this case manually in an unusual way?
s.newwave and i will have to talk about why this is happening since it doesnt happen with normal aliases.
-mouser (July 23, 2008, 02:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hmm, don't know really if what I'm doing is unusual. In EFuncName_Request_ItemResultByIndex I set
- *entrytypep to E_EntryType_ALIAS
- destbuf_caption to e.g. "List only 'My Recent Documents'"
- destbuf_path to e.g. "restartsearch mrum"
- destbuf_groupname to e.g. "Alias mrum"
- destbuf_iconfilename to respective icon path
and that's it. Well, it is unusual in that respect as no one yet did that programatically instead of using an .alias file to do this, if I understood you correctly. I could change the menu to an .alias file but I have the same problem now with the 5th menu item that will list all supported and installed applications (also as a menu to further aliases), which gives the same problem. Implementing and testing this is why I actually noticed the described behaviour.

mouser:
try returning E_EntryType_ALIASFILE

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version