ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Most Recently Used 1.0.0

<< < (5/18) > >>

phitsc:
First: Thanks for all the compliments! :D

Second a clarification:
FARR MRU currently shows either the contents of the 'My Recent Documents' (XP) resp. 'Recent Items' (Vista, but see remark in readme.txt) folder or the most recently used files of one or more applications specified by modifiers. I.e. if you just type mru, you'll get only 'My Recent Documents', if you add something like +msvc9, you'll get only the most recently used Visual Studio 9 files. You could then add +office and would get all MSVC9 files plus all Office files, but you currently can't get them in the same list as your 'My Recent Documents' files.

To the suggestions:

Could you implement a way to add any of installed programs like PSPAD, Netbeans etc. ?
--- End quote ---
They can be added already if they store their mru files in the registry in the format as described in the readme.txt.

An idea:
maybe the first entry in the config file could be like:
Code:

+|DefaultMRU
list of reg keys to check and show by default

that way a user who wanted to could modify the list of reg keys that got checked for the default mru display, and could even add reg keys from certain programs they wanted to show by default.
--- End quote ---
The idea being that they would be merged into the 'My Recent Documents' result list? Yes, that would be an idea. I was also thinking about a modifier that would list all of the configured applications mru files. I think that would serve the FARR filtering idea better.

The mru for acrobat is a bit different
--- End quote ---
I'll maybe look into it. Uh, that means I need to install Adobe Acrobat Reader, nooooo.

For your MRUing pleasure, here are some I got from my system
--- End quote ---
I'll add the ones you say they work and check out the others if I can.

I had to change the office MRUs to Office2003
--- End quote ---
Would you mind posting the Office 2003 registry paths here. I don't have Office 2003 installed but would like to add those.

btw many of the file extensions in the ComdDlg32\OpenSaveMRU key are very useful to me
--- End quote ---
These would actually already work in 0.1.0, provided your running Windows XP. Apart from mru registry entries of the form 'File 1', 'File 2', etc. I have also implemented the ones which use a MRUList value with a, b, c, etc. I haven't seen anything other than explorer use it though. And in Windows Vista Microsoft changed these to MRUListEx with no clear-text paths, but some binary data. Additionally, you would currently need to specify each registry key individually, i.e. something like:

--- ---+explorer|Windows Explorer
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSavelMRU\*
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSavelMRU\doc
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSavelMRU\xls
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSavelMRU\zip
just as some examples, you would need to add all which are relevant to you. Obviously, it would be better if FARR MRU would scan everything underneath HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSavelMRU\.

i did not manage to make it work for photoshop MRU
--- End quote ---
I have Photoshop Elements. I'll check it out.

Thanks for all your feedback and suggestions! I'm always open to more suggestions to make this plugin more useful.

mouser:
The idea being that they would be merged into the 'My Recent Documents' result list? Yes, that would be an idea.
--- End quote ---

right, which would also let people who always wanted their office files shown in main mru list do that, and add any such entries to the main mru list.

I was also thinking about a modifier that would list all of the configured applications mru files. I think that would serve the FARR filtering idea better.
--- End quote ---
that would also be a good idea; you can do that by deteced when user types mrua
and return a result list like
mru office | restartsearch mru +office
mru foxit pdf reader| restartsearch mru +foxit
that essentially lets you make a menu of choices for the user that farr will present

Lashiec:
It's an interesting idea, and it will save a few clicks in the Start Menu. I'll try a few of the MRUs I use with CCleaner, and report back with the results. BTW, are you planning to add an interface to input new MRUs directly from the plugin config window?

czechboy: I'm afraid there's no way to add PSPad's MRUs as they're stored in a text file instead of the registry.

Lashiec:
Sorry for the double post, but it's less clutter for one post :)

--- ---;This can be used as a starting point to write one focused in the entire Office 2003 suite

+excel|Excel Viewer 2003
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel Viewer\Recent Files

;The Microsoft Management Console entry seems to change depending of your OS language, so adjust the "Microsoft Management Console" enclosed
;between \\ accordingly (in Spanish is "Consola de administración de Microsoft", for example)

+mmc|Microsoft Management Console
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Management Console\Recent File List

+paint|Paint
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Paint\Recent File List

+ted|TED Notepad
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Medvedik\TedNPad5\Recent

+winrar|WinRAR
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WinRAR\ArcHistory

;An Amiga emulator, for those wondering

+winuae|WinUAE
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Arabuusimiehet\WinUAE\DiskImageMRUList

+wordpad|Wordpad
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Wordpad\Recent File List

Those which failed, for analysis of the author:

--- ---;The text editor included with xplorer², I think it fails because of the "DocumentEntry" value at the end of the list

+editor2|editor²
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZabaraKatranemia Plc\Editor2\Recent Document List

;It's a value, so it does not get anything, the MRU entries for Paint.NET are stored value by value, together with the rest of the configuration values for the program

+paintnet|Paint.NET
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Paint.NET|MRU0

;Each line starts with "1," before the complete path to the file

+quicktime|QuickTime Player
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Apple Computer, Inc.\QuickTime\Recent Movies

And that's it, there are not as many as I thought...

czb:
czechboy[/b]: I'm afraid there's no way to add PSPad's MRUs as they're stored in a text file instead of the registry.
-Lashiec (July 01, 2008, 05:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

it does not matter. I am switching to netbeans anyway since it has much higher level support for javascript ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version