ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Most Recently Used 1.0.0

<< < (11/18) > >>

jgpaiva:
phitsc: Looking at the config file, I found there were quite a few entries there. Maybe you could add one option in the plugin's main menu, that'd list all of those and would allow you to select it to see it's list?

phitsc:
phitsc: Looking at the config file, I found there were quite a few entries there. Maybe you could add one option in the plugin's main menu, that'd list all of those and would allow you to select it to see it's list?
-jgpaiva (July 11, 2008, 11:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, a good idea as well. Listing the ones of applications actually installed would maybe be enough. It would mean hamradio would have to make me another icon though ;)

mouser:
you don't want to end up using a 50 character combo of keywords
--- End quote ---

this is where FARR's dosearch alias command comes in so handy.

let's say that you commonly want to execute a search in FARR like:
mrua +.cpp +.h +.def -bak -junk EXTRA KEYWORDS

then what you could do is create a new alias with regular expression:

--- ---mruq(.*)
and in results put

--- ---dosearch mrua +.cpp +.h +.def -bak -junk $$1
now you just type:

--- ---mruqor

--- ---mruq EXTRA KEYWORDS
and it will behave as if you typed the whole long thing.

sosimple:
Hello,

I am a new member ... what a great forum !!!

I have installed FARR and DC-Update, and now added MRU Plug-in.

I can't seem to make it work but I don't know it well enough yet to tell if my results are expected so I will play with it some more until I can reasonably tell what's not working ... right now I assume the error is probably BCK (between chair and keyboard).

I do have a question ...

Does anyone know where the MRU list of Open Windows Explorer Folders is kept. This is the list used by Windows Explorer: ->Tools->Folder Options->View->Advanced Settings (List)->Restore Previous Folder Windows At Logon. I've looked and done some searches but I can't find where it's stored.

Thanks for any help.

Kevin

phitsc:
Hi Kevin

I can't seem to make it work but I don't know it well enough yet to tell if my results are expected so I will play with it some more until I can reasonably tell what's not working ... right now I assume the error is probably BCK (between chair and keyboard).
-sosimple (July 20, 2008, 01:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
There really isn't much you could be doing wrong. Typing mrum should give you a list of documents recently accessed. If you open Windows Start Menu and then open the My Recent Documents menu and that menu isn't empty, then typing mrum in FARR should give you some results. Also typing mrup should give you some results, if you have used any of MS Paint, MS Office, Open Office, MS Visual Studio, Acrobat Reader, etc. recently. Do you actually get an empty list, or do you just not get the list you'd expect?

I do have a question ...

Does anyone know where the MRU list of Open Windows Explorer Folders is kept. This is the list used by Windows Explorer: ->Tools->Folder Options->View->Advanced Settings (List)->Restore Previous Folder Windows At Logon. I've looked and done some searches but I can't find where it's stored.
-sosimple (July 20, 2008, 01:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
I don't know to be honest. I think Windows stores recent explorer window settings under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell
somehow, but I don't know in what form.

Philipp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version