ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DC Member Programs and Projects

WinKey Enhancement Project (WEP)

<< < (8/12) > >>

nogojoe:
[Quote/]
nogojoe, do you want to calculate simple financial expressions includes %-sign like followings?

123+53%=65.19
12*4%=0.48

[/quote]

Thanks for your reply Wep.

Yes just simple. All I need is the  final answer eg. the 0.48 whether the % sign is included is immaterial to me only it would be a safety check if required. All that I would be pasting if  I needed to would be the 0.48.Only occasionally the full equation would be required
At present I just do 80/100*75 [enter] to get the answer 60
Just thinking about it to activate the % key may be a little difficult (Shift+%) maybe you could perhaps allocate the page up key to be the % key so it becomes a single press key whilst holding down the Win-key. It is the nearest to the numpad

All I need it is for financial equations just to calculate apportions of an account to various sources.
ie.   12.5% Gst
       15% personal
       25% personal    75%expenses   etc etc

Many thanks for your reply and I will try those commands out as you have explained.

nogojoe

nogojoe:
<Win>+<End> and, <Win>+<=> works if you do not include equation sign (=) into the selected formula (see the screenshort). (see attachment in previous post)

Thanks Wep I can works those commands OK now

Makes WinMouseTipCalc a thing of beauty and a joy forever  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

nogojoe

wep:

maybe you could perhaps allocate the page up key to be the % key so it becomes a single press key whilst holding down the Win-key
-nogojoe (July 08, 2008, 12:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

If I understand you correctly, then you need only the function to add % sign into the result at its end?

I made some changes in the WinMouseTipCalc to increase precision of calculations and to make possible to round result to adjustable number of decimal places and to make possible to include %-sign at the end position of result and $-sign at the start position.

But you have to know: you cannot calculate expressions with this signs, and you can only paste result with % and $ signs only using <Win>+<Insert> hotkey.

To accord with key names (PageDown suits with End position, and PageUp suits with Start position) I prefer to assign keys as following:
<Win>+<PageUp> = $-sign,
<Win>+<PageDown> = %-sign.
What do you think about it?

Of course I can set other key assignments:
<Win>+<5> for %-sign (<5>-key where %-sign is placed)
<Win>+<PageUp> for %-sign (as you ask)
<Win>+<4> for $-sign

More, it is possible to make last and first sign dinamically assigned by means of dialog text input. You could to assign other signs instead of % and $ for the <Win>+<PageDown> and <Win>+<PageUp> hotkeys.

nogojoe:

If I understand you correctly, then you need only the function to add % sign into the result at its end?

But you have to know: you cannot calculate expressions with this signs, and you can only paste result with % and $ signs only using <Win>+<Insert> hotkey.

No I didn't realize that until you pointed it out as my financial programs calculator does allow it(the shift + $ key to do it ) but that is a bit cumbersome at times . I would rather use your WinMouseTipCalc instead. 
I see now what you are trying to tell me and I think it may be best left up to you to decide on what's best and I will carry on using WinMouseTipCalc as you decide to do.

If you can have an option to reduce the 14.00000  (final calculation) to 14.00 that would be great. I really only need the numbers

the $ and % signs are not really of great importance to my needs (still could be handy though ) but  still could be of benefit to other users of WinMouseTipCalc

To accord with key names (PageDown suits with End position, and PageUp suits with Start position) I prefer to assign keys as following:
<Win>+<PageUp> = $-sign,
<Win>+<PageDown> = %-sign.
What do you think about it?

I will leave it up to you as there would other users that may require it

Of course I can set other key assignments:
<Win>+<5> for %-sign (<5>-key where %-sign is placed)
<Win>+<PageUp> for %-sign (as you ask)
<Win>+<4> for $-sign

More, it is possible to make last and first sign dinamically assigned by means of dialog text input. You could to assign other signs instead of % and $ for the <Win>+<PageDown> and <Win>+<PageUp> hotkeys.

[/quote]

wep:
If you can have an option to reduce the 14.00000  (final calculation) to 14.00 that would be great. I really only need the numbers-nogojoe (July 08, 2008, 05:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can download new version of WinMouseTipCalc and to set roundoff to 2 numbers for decimal places after floating point. Use <Win>+<2> (not <Numpad 2>) or <Win>+<Down> and <Win>+<Up> to do it.
<Win>+<PageDown> and <Win>+<PageUp> works as described in the my previous message.
But in the next releases I may reassign PageDown and PageUp to the "history of the calculations" function.
Last version of the WinMouseTipCalc have better precision of calculations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version