topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:12 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: WinKey Enhancement Project (WEP)  (Read 61979 times)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: WinKey Enhancement Project (WEP)
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2008, 07:15 AM »
thanks wep! the newer version works fine. :up:

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2008, 07:38 AM »
Try new MouseScroll! You can switch in the Alt+Tab menu to next or previous item only by <Win>+scroll wheel up or down.
If you release the <Win>-key, then selected item(window) will activated. To escape Alt+Tab menu just press down <Esc> while you holding <Win>.
Also one very useful preview feature I found, testing MouseScroll: if you press down <Alt> while <Win> is holds you can see (check) the selected item(window). It will be activated, but Alt+Tab menu do not hide. If selected item is not you want to switch to, you can continue to scroll mouse, selecting other items in the Alt+Tab menu and preview them by <Alt>.

wow,
that's really nice now wep  :Thmbsup:

(some credits heading your way)
Tom

electronixtar

• Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2008, 10:08 AM »
i am too obsessed with hoekey

wep

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2008, 03:35 PM »
WinKey Enhacement Project isn't just a hotkey manager idea.
I try to enhance system functionality by new original ideas to interact with it. <Win>-key - just a more suitable (to do not conflict with other hotkeys, many other applications usually which uses) modifier that allows to realize calling for the wep-functions, by using hotkeys.

i am too obsessed with hoekey
-electronixtar (July 05, 2008, 10:08 AM)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 03:41 PM by wep »

nogojoe

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2008, 06:31 PM »
Hi Wep.

Could you increase the functionalbility of WinMouseTipCalc by adding the % function to the setup if at all possible

it's a great little program non intrusive but at your fingertips if you pardon the pun.

Often the most convincing people are those who have lost the plot so much they don't recognize the difference between fact and fantasy

wep

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2008, 02:50 AM »
Hi Wep.
Could you increase the functionalbility of WinMouseTipCalc by adding the % function to the setup if at all possible
it's a great little program non intrusive but at your fingertips if you pardon the pun.

OK! I'll try to add % calculations into the WinMouseTipCalc and other similar calculators. I used the code of Laszlo from the Autohotkey forum for the arithmetic calculations in my Win...Calcs. And I saw that he have new code which makes possible % and power functions.

I glad that you use my WinMouseTipCalc.

wep

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2008, 05:54 PM »

The calculations made by means of Win...Calc not precise. Because "In case it's of interest, AutoHotkey stores intermediate expression results as 64-bit floating point numbers (or integers if there's no decimal portion). However, when the final result is stored in a variable (or for use by a command), the default precision is 6 decimal places." as said Chris
on the (Autohotkey forum).
So, I must to inform you about this bug. Do not rely for this program on 100%. I try to resolve this problem at this moment. But short numbers and simple expressions Win...Calcs calculates correctly. In any case WinCalc which runs the MS Windows' Calculator is reliable as MS itself.  :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 05:57 PM by wep »

nogojoe

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2008, 06:46 PM »

The calculations made by means of Win...Calc not precise. Because "In case it's of interest, AutoHotkey stores intermediate expression results as 64-bit floating point numbers (or integers if there's no decimal portion). However, when the final result is stored in a variable (or for use by a command), the default precision is 6 decimal places." as said Chris
on the (Autohotkey forum).
So, I must to inform you about this bug.

I realize what you are saying as when you do a dollars and cents equation that happens.
I just need the % to quicken up GST calculations at present I have to go the long way around

I do find that the (win + end) and (win + = ) in WinMouseTipCalc don't work as stated.
The rest of the commands do.
Often the most convincing people are those who have lost the plot so much they don't recognize the difference between fact and fantasy

wep

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2008, 05:28 AM »
realize what you are saying as when you do a dollars and cents equation that happens.
I just need the % to quicken up GST calculations at present I have to go the long way around

I do find that the (win + end) and (win + = ) in WinMouseTipCalc don't work as stated.
The rest of the commands do.

<Win>+<End> and, <Win>+<=> works if you do not include equation sign (=) into the selected formula (see the screenshort).
wmtc.jpg

nogojoe, do you want to calculate simple financial expressions includes %-sign like followings?

123+53%=65.19
12*4%=0.48

I ask you, because in the long math. expressions it is important to calculate them in order of priority of the math. signs: *, / are  calculates before + and - math functions.
So I don't know, exactly, how I must to set priority for the %-sign  because, IMHO, it is a financial (not mathematic) sign.

You can take a look at how Windows Calculator makes calculations in order of math.signs (*,/,+,-) when works in different mode: simple or  scientific. In the simple mode it makes calculations in order of input, but in the science one it makes them in order of priority of the math. signs. Also, in the science mode the %-function (and its button) even doesn't exist and doesn't calculates correctly.

About my promise to try new code from Laszlo:
I have mistaked about %(percent) calculation in the new code of Laszlo  I promised to use in my Win...Calcs which. It's found that he used % for the mod  math.function. I don't know English so good. And I understood his post  incorrectly.

I can make possibility to calculate expressions, includes %-sign, by  means of Windows Calculator (that works correctly with %-sign only in its "simple" mode). You just select the expression and press  <Win>+<End> to insert result or <Win>+<=> only to show it. In any case it is a shorter way to make mass of calculations faster than if you will enter the expressions by your fingers. I can make it in the WinCalc's next release.

May be you know that Windows Calculator makes calculations for the expressions, included "=" at its, end just by copy-paste method.
It is easy way to make AHK-script to copy selected expression (equaton) and to sent it to the Windows Caclulator's input and to return result by "copy". I have done such program before I have done the Win..Calcs.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 05:33 AM by wep »

electronixtar

• Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2008, 11:44 AM »
I think Win+Esc is default hotkey to activate Google Talk window  ;D

nogojoe

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2008, 12:43 AM »
[Quote/]
nogojoe, do you want to calculate simple financial expressions includes %-sign like followings?

123+53%=65.19
12*4%=0.48

[/quote]

Thanks for your reply Wep.

Yes just simple. All I need is the  final answer eg. the 0.48 whether the % sign is included is immaterial to me only it would be a safety check if required. All that I would be pasting if  I needed to would be the 0.48.Only occasionally the full equation would be required
At present I just do 80/100*75 [enter] to get the answer 60
Just thinking about it to activate the % key may be a little difficult (Shift+%) maybe you could perhaps allocate the page up key to be the % key so it becomes a single press key whilst holding down the Win-key. It is the nearest to the numpad

All I need it is for financial equations just to calculate apportions of an account to various sources.
ie.   12.5% Gst
       15% personal
       25% personal    75%expenses   etc etc

Many thanks for your reply and I will try those commands out as you have explained.

nogojoe

nogojoe

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2008, 02:22 AM »
<Win>+<End> and, <Win>+<=> works if you do not include equation sign (=) into the selected formula (see the screenshort). (see attachment in previous post)

Thanks Wep I can works those commands OK now

Makes WinMouseTipCalc a thing of beauty and a joy forever  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

nogojoe
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 02:24 AM by nogojoe »

wep

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2008, 03:10 PM »

maybe you could perhaps allocate the page up key to be the % key so it becomes a single press key whilst holding down the Win-key

If I understand you correctly, then you need only the function to add % sign into the result at its end?

I made some changes in the WinMouseTipCalc to increase precision of calculations and to make possible to round result to adjustable number of decimal places and to make possible to include %-sign at the end position of result and $-sign at the start position.

But you have to know: you cannot calculate expressions with this signs, and you can only paste result with % and $ signs only using <Win>+<Insert> hotkey.

To accord with key names (PageDown suits with End position, and PageUp suits with Start position) I prefer to assign keys as following:
<Win>+<PageUp> = $-sign,
<Win>+<PageDown> = %-sign.
What do you think about it?

Of course I can set other key assignments:
<Win>+<5> for %-sign (<5>-key where %-sign is placed)
<Win>+<PageUp> for %-sign (as you ask)
<Win>+<4> for $-sign

More, it is possible to make last and first sign dinamically assigned by means of dialog text input. You could to assign other signs instead of % and $ for the <Win>+<PageDown> and <Win>+<PageUp> hotkeys.

nogojoe

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2008, 05:38 PM »

If I understand you correctly, then you need only the function to add % sign into the result at its end?

But you have to know: you cannot calculate expressions with this signs, and you can only paste result with % and $ signs only using <Win>+<Insert> hotkey.

No I didn't realize that until you pointed it out as my financial programs calculator does allow it(the shift + $ key to do it ) but that is a bit cumbersome at times . I would rather use your WinMouseTipCalc instead. 
I see now what you are trying to tell me and I think it may be best left up to you to decide on what's best and I will carry on using WinMouseTipCalc as you decide to do.

If you can have an option to reduce the 14.00000  (final calculation) to 14.00 that would be great. I really only need the numbers

the $ and % signs are not really of great importance to my needs (still could be handy though ) but  still could be of benefit to other users of WinMouseTipCalc

To accord with key names (PageDown suits with End position, and PageUp suits with Start position) I prefer to assign keys as following:
<Win>+<PageUp> = $-sign,
<Win>+<PageDown> = %-sign.
What do you think about it?

I will leave it up to you as there would other users that may require it

Of course I can set other key assignments:
<Win>+<5> for %-sign (<5>-key where %-sign is placed)
<Win>+<PageUp> for %-sign (as you ask)
<Win>+<4> for $-sign

More, it is possible to make last and first sign dinamically assigned by means of dialog text input. You could to assign other signs instead of % and $ for the <Win>+<PageDown> and <Win>+<PageUp> hotkeys.

[/quote]

wep

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2008, 10:39 PM »
If you can have an option to reduce the 14.00000  (final calculation) to 14.00 that would be great. I really only need the numbers

You can download new version of WinMouseTipCalc and to set roundoff to 2 numbers for decimal places after floating point. Use <Win>+<2> (not <Numpad 2>) or <Win>+<Down> and <Win>+<Up> to do it.
<Win>+<PageDown> and <Win>+<PageUp> works as described in the my previous message.
But in the next releases I may reassign PageDown and PageUp to the "history of the calculations" function.
Last version of the WinMouseTipCalc have better precision of calculations.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2008, 05:38 AM »
hi wep

re win/mousescroll-
just to report it doesnt work with Media Player Classic where the scrollwheel is used to adjust the volume
Tom

wep

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2008, 10:21 PM »
re win/mousescroll-
just to report it doesnt work with Media Player Classic where the scrollwheel is used to adjust the volume

hi, tomos

I checked out win+scrollmouse. Mousescroll work with Classic Media Player (K-Lite codec Pack) without problem. Sound volume I can change with scrollwheel, windows I can switch with <win>+scrollwheel.
What problem you was found? Sound volume do not changes, or windows do not switches?

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2008, 03:28 AM »
What problem you was found? Sound volume do not changes, or windows do not switches?
sorry for not explaining properly!

AND to confuse me (& probably you) even more, it's working today :-\
YESTERDAY when I win+scrolled, the volume on Media Player Classic was adjusted instead of AltTab window showing

If it happens again I'll report & try see what else might be going on
Tom

nogojoe

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2008, 01:49 AM »

But in the next releases I may reassign PageDown and PageUp to the "history of the calculations" function.
Last version of the WinMouseTipCalc have better precision of calculations.

Hi Wep
I’m using WinMouseTipCalc almost everyday now and have a suggestion ---is it possible to make the windows key stay on , perhaps toggle off and on, so that you can free one hand (the one holding down the Win key) it would make reading figures  from papers etc easier like turning pages

Something to think about for your next release

nogojoe
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 01:52 AM by nogojoe »

wep

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2008, 12:52 PM »
I’m using WinMouseTipCalc almost everyday now and have a suggestion ---is it possible to make the windows key stay on , perhaps toggle off and on, so that you can free one hand (the one holding down the Win key) it would make reading figures  from papers etc easier like turning pages
Something to think about for your next release
nogojoe
Hi nogojoe

Try new WinTipCalc, which will replace WinMouseTipCalc and WinToolTipCalc.

At beginning I meant to use <win>-key only to switch NumPad-keys temporarily into the calculator mode.
But it is possible to make NumPad-keys as basic calculator input keys and <Win><Numpad keys> will be used as ordinarily <Numpad keys> if that is suitable.

I have few variants for hotkey mapping.
First one you already know.

In the WinTipCalc you can try second one:
Numpad-keys used without <Win> modifier as calculator's input only while ScrollLock is turned on. But if you want to use them as ordinarily (while ScrollLock is turned on), you can use it with <Win> modifier. Other functions used as before, excepting NumLock-key, which you can use as backspace to delete last input. I removed roundoff by number-keys, because I will assign them to additional math functions in next the release. Still you can set roundoff by <Win>+<UP> and <Win>+<Down> between 0 and 20 digits after decimal floating point.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 12:56 PM by wep »

nogojoe

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2008, 05:08 PM »
Thanks Wep

just another little tip 

Could you provide a printable version of the "help" as I feel that it would be useful for new persons until they get used to the commands  perhaps a clickable link in the about window which will print out the about windows data.

I use Mousers screen captor then enlarge the data then print it full page and have it handy to refer to till I’m used to the
commands.

nogojoe

ps more credits coming your way

alexey_r

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2008, 08:52 AM »
1. Great idea! :Thmbsup: I try to generally use Win+Smth. keys for system-global shortcuts as well. (Of course, some programs won't recognise them...)
2. AHK code for the scripts is a must. With it we can just add the scripts to our start-up script instead of adding another few processes at startup, and, more importantly, customize the hotkeys.
3. These two lines at the main WEP page:
    * <Win>+<NumPad> = WinCalc (AHK-code), WinTipCalc, WinTitleCalc.
    * <Win>+<Mouse Scroll> - MouseScroll (AHK-code), MouseWinList and MouseAltTab (AHK-code)- Scroll mouse with <Win> to switch between opened windows.
What is the difference between MouseScroll, MouseWinList, and MouseAltTab? It's kinda hard to guess from this.
Alexey Romanov

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2008, 09:08 AM »
give em a try ;) (with apologies for being smart!)
I've tried two

MouseAltTab

[edit] see Lanux's shot in next post [/edit]

and
(Win) MouseScroll

winmousescroll.png
Tom
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 09:32 AM by tomos »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2008, 09:20 AM »
MouseAltTab looks similar to evl's AltTab.

alexey_r

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2008, 09:38 AM »
Yes, now why not add the screenshots to the page?
Two bugs:
1. MouseAltTab disables the simple Win shortcut for me.
2. Using Win+CapsLock, when I release CapsLock the active window disappears for a moment before returning to non-transparency.
Alexey Romanov