ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Ultimate Music File Organizer

<< < (2/3) > >>

tinjaw:
I have been surfing the net looking at programs to do this. There are some programs that you can use to fix up your tags, but they require human intervention. However, as App says, from all the commentary I have read you really need to do this with human supervision any way.

I guess the part that I don't see out there is some glue to use several of these together to get better results with less human intervention.

There might be enough FOSS stuff out there to build a suite of tools and automate them to some degree.

Now I am also wondering what web-based frontend to put on my collection after I get this sorted out.

Curt:
:mad: Obviously something fishy is going on here. -tinjaw (June 29, 2008, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

The Ultimate Music File Organizer  The Ultimate Music File Organizer

The Ultimate Music File Organizer  The Ultimate Music File Organizer

HUNDREDS of other media formats-Program 1
--- End quote ---
HUNDREDS of other media formats-Program 2
--- End quote ---
HUNDREDS of other media formats-Program 3
--- End quote ---
HUNDREDS of other media formats-Program 4
--- End quote ---

He did use two templates, but I guess you are right.

tinjaw:
I am going to see if mp3tag is good enough or if I need to use one of the commercial ones like Tag&Renamer. I also came across two which appear to be new.

FixTunes

TagTuner

kartal:
mp3tag is great!

PhilB66:
Audio Tagging Tools is a tag editor that will automatically create title numbers and clean filenames/tags for you. It supports features like filters, filename cleaning, tag generator, tag editor, filename creator, output templates, scripting etc.
--- End quote ---

The most common audio formats are supported, mp3, wma, ogg, vqf, ... playlist formats like m3u, pls and wpl, and even filetypes like html, csv, rtf and many many more can be used for output.
--- End quote ---

Here's an older screenshot...

More screenshots (Info on the Website is mostly in German still)

Freeware and works on Win2K, XP and Vista

Another option is TagScanner.

TagScanner is a multifunction program to organize large music collections. It can edit tags of mostly state-of-the-art audio formats, rename files based on the tag information, generate tag information from filenames, and perform any transformations of the text from tags and filenames.

--- End quote ---

Features:

* Rename files based on the tag and file information

* Powerful multiple files tag editor

* Import tag information from an online database (freedb)

* Manual text-search for information in freedb

* Generate tag information from file/foldernames

* Words replacement and case conversion from tags and filenames

* Full support for Unicode

* Supports MP3, OGG, Musepack, Monkey's Audio, FLAC, AAC, OptimFROG, SPEEX, WavePack, TrueAudio, WMA, MP4 files

* Supports ID3 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4 tags, APE v1 and v2 tags, Vorbis Comments, WMA tags and MP4(iTunes) metadata

* Supports for lyrics and embedded artwork

* TAGs versions conversions

* Playlists editor

* Write extended playlists like Winamp or Sonique

* Playlists export to HTML, Excel and CSV(e.g. for MySQL)

* Built-in multiformat player
--- End quote ---

Freeware and works on Win2K, XP, 2003 and Vista

Also search DC for The Godfather.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version