ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A new task manager on the block...

(1/3) > >>

jeromg:
Hi all,

I thought I knew all existing task manager tools... I was wrong!
I just discovered a new one (at least for me) : Watership Planner
They have a very interesting, comprehensive approach to task management: it includes values, goals, time tracking, roles, daily/weekly planner... lots of things in it.

Af first glance, it seems to be quite powerful, but it may be a bit too rigid for me (lack of customization from my very own perspective), I'll continue using MyLifeOrganized as my main task manager. But seeing what they've done in Watership Planner gave me new ideas for customizing MLO (using values to tag some tasks for example)...

There's a trial download on the site above, no time limit, just a limit of 30 tasks. The full version costs $89.95 or €54.95, I've no relation whatsoever with the editor, I've no idea if they're responsive to user requests. Current version number is 1.73.

Enjoy!

Cheers  /jerome

Curt:
There's a trial download on the site above, no time limit, just a limit of 30 tasks. -jeromg (June 28, 2008, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

- and even more:

Try before you buy + 60 day money-back guarantee.
--- End quote ---

Nice find! (but an expensive one, I think)

wraith808:
Looks a lot like Achieve Planner, which is what I've been using.  Though just like with Achieve, I've never understood the 'life planning' aspect of it...

tinjaw:
Those both look good. Can anybody give their mini-reviews? A quick pass at Google doesn't find any reviews. I am going to dig further and see what I can find.

Armando:
Looks a lot like Achieve Planner, which is what I've been using.  Though just like with Achieve, I've never understood the 'life planning' aspect of it...
-wraith808 (June 29, 2008, 07:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

So, do you like it?

I was very interested in its development a while back (https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=9417.0), but finally abandoned the idea because I found certain aspects of it to rigid (grids were not very customizable, and it was not possible for items -- tasks, events, goals... -- to have multiple parents, etc.) and I could not sync it with my palm (related to that : seemless Outlook syncing was kind of hard to achieve perfectly well on a day to day basis, especially for recurring appointments, colors, and others)... and, oh... I found it a bit sluggish. These were some of the main points. But in general I thought it was a pretty good application.

I posted at their forum under the zarmando name :
http://www.effexis2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1406&highlight=zarmando
http://www.effexis2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1405

So... yes, Watership Planner seems to fit exactly that category of applications. I wonder if it syncs with mobile devices, but probably not since I couldn't find anything about it on the web site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version