ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

Does anyone know a solution to prevent the opening of useless links????

<< < (2/3) > >>

kartal:
You can also try cooliris

http://cooliris.com/site/firefox/

kartal:
I personally do not trust page ranking stuff anymore because they can be spoofed. They also track your browsing habit which could be called invasion of privacy. There is dmoz.org maybe plugin can match the results to dmoz.org listings as well.

Without loading the page, you wouldn't know what it was about, hence you wouldn't know if it was useless or not.
--- End quote ---

not quite true..
if you were willing to place trust in other users you could have a community that ranked links on pages, and fetched those ranks from a central online repository, and then showed numerical scores next to each link on a page.  it's a cool idea.
-mouser (June 28, 2008, 01:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

MarcusColeman:
I believe that you have a problem with the opening of multiple windows. You do not want to open all the links that a page ahs but you would also not like to miss the important ones. I think that the solution to your problem can be <INSERT SPAM LINK HERE> that can help you to view the contents of a page that has alternate links without taking the trouble of opening a new web page for them. This will certainly reduce your work load as you will be saving your time and efforts which will reduce your physical and mental exertion and help you to do more work and hence minimize the work load. You can easily download this free software from <INSERT SPAM LINK HERE> .
All the best!

jgpaiva:
Well.. The original requester and the person who replied didn't return after their first post and the question was perfectly adjusted to the answer.
Still, the text isn't anywhere else on the web. So... I'm thinking.. Is it really spam? Still, it's kinda dumb to spam a free product on DC, a decent post about it would get it much more attention...

I'd vote: no reply from either of them to this post on the following days = remove the thread.
(really sorry if this isn't spam, but we've got to be on the lookout  :-[)

[edit] Or maybe i'm just paranoid :) [/edit]

Josh:
jgpaiva: This appears to be the same spam as the thread earlier about link openings. The same one you locked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version